14. Smile Till You're Dead

[3rd Pov]
Alberts House

"Correct."

The three of them stare directly at Rust, horrified that he had been injured for an unknown reason. He still was bleeding endlessly. Jake especially had this look in his eyes, he felt a lot of deep emotions for him, he wouldn't be able to explain to anybody at all how it felt, not even his best friend. "We best head inside, it is not safe out here saying what happened." Rust said, his hand clutching into his arm tightly as he walked inside of the house with a bit of a limp on both of his legs. It seemed like he was enduring a lot of pain.

Albert and Selozar felt confused, having blank expressions on their faces not expecting to see their friend arrive with those bloody injuries. It was just all of a sudden too, two surprises at once. Jake didn't hesitate to let go of Alone and quickly went back inside to the house grabbing the kitchen knife. The two didn't know what to do now, but they needed to let go of the man below them to find out what had happened to Rust. At first they refused until they both realized they needed answers out of this, it could be related to Alone from his words earlier to not be alarmed. Both let go of him, letting Alone get up from the wooden floor weakly, he had struggled a little with his leg that had been repeatedly hurt by Selozar if not remembered.

Selozar had this look in his black eyes again that could not be explained, seeing that look made Albert feel uneasy and worried about him, also bringing back memories filled with dread. He didn't want his angel to feel this much anger ever again, he wanted him safe and calm from everything, keeping him happy. He didn't want him to be around someone he can get upset.

"Just wait for me in the house. Please do that for me, Selozar." Albert tells him with a sight smile on his lips, still having that trustworthy gaze in his eyes but a dark memory triggered Selozar. He couldn't do it, he couldn't leave from his side for one second when Alones around. "No!" He slightly shouts. "I am not ever leaving you alone with him again." Selozar says through a cold tone, his eyes filled with complete anger that didn't stop boiling. "He is a threat, you shouldn't be by yourself with him around." Albert nearly was about to say some words until Alone had quietly scoffed at the thing Selozar said, trying to stand up still on his own. He slowly walked inside of the house, very slowly. "And you never were a threat to Albert? Neither of us should be around him." He said before walking in the house limping, he kept on pushing onwards.

Selozar stood there in silence, looking down at the bloody wooden ground for a brief moment, thinking in his mind. "It's going to be okay Selozar." Albert tells the upset male, hiding his face away from the world. "I'll stay with you, you don't need to worry." Albert also tried to reassure him it was alright but all Selozar does is let out a heavy sigh, calming down his glare. "A-Aren't you scared?.." He asks concern for his savior, slightly gazing in the eyes. "Not really, I'm being brave for all of us. Okay?" He responded to his question, gazing back more at his eyes when he looked up at him from the ground fully.

Selozar slowly nodded his head, understanding what he was saying, but still felt uneasy about everything that just happened quickly like that. It just happened unexpectedly in his face with no warning at all. "Are you scared? You know I will protect you." Albert tells him the truth, seeing Selozar slowly nod his head again in response. "Don't worry, just remember my promise." He still smiled at him bright, which Selozar admired in silence and loved him all over again. "Let's go inside now, they're all waiting for us." Albert carefully took Selozars hand, being gentle holding it. "We will do this again, together as always. I am here for you through this, Sel." He adds in his sentence, smiling at Selozar.