18. The Heart To Believe

[3rd Pov]
Hotel

Most of the six were in their rooms resting down or god knows what for now until the others came which seemed like to take much longer than expected. The three others might even come in the morning from what they assume of. Although anyways right now there wasn't much happening now that it turned night. Jake was outside in the pool area, he was sitting near the end, dipping his legs in the cold water reflecting light.

The sky, it was filled with many stars shining like diamonds worth of riches. Their radiance shining down among the planet, who knew balls of gas could look so beautiful. The moon, it's moonlight was shining down onto the pool and Jake. It shined down the brightest for tonight from this view. As the male quietly swayed his legs in the cool water, he thought about the memories he kept in his heart that brought joy to his soul.

This water he felt against his skin reminded him of that fun day he had with the four of his friends on the beach watching the fireworks explode into the air like these beautiful stars. Truly a wonderful memory to keep like a gold treasure, buried into his heart deeply only to dig it up someday again seeing its shine still stayed even from all the dust.

Sitting here on this spot under the sky covered in stars made him think in his head too. There was so much pressure in his shoulders, it felt heavy like the earth. His chocolate color eyes gazed into the blue water from the pool, taking glimpses up to the midnight sky lit up with stars but he always looked down. He quietly repented in his head, his fingers clawing deeply into the floor, his lips trembling, and felt as if he was in a guilt pool deeply drowning.

"There you are." A familiar voice Jake recognized said. Although that had startled him a little feeling more uneasy, he sat up straight looking over at his best friend looking down at him. "What are you doing out here late, Jake?" Adam asked, filled with curiosity, walking next to Jake then sitting down next to him. Before he did sit, he pulled up the bottom of his pants rolling them up to his knees so he wouldn't wet them with the water. "Oh um.. I'm just enjoying the little things. I don't want to make myself feel miserable or upset." He answers in a low tone, his eyes blinking and his fingers fidgeting together.

Adam nods his head, "I see." He says in a calm tone, staring off into the midnight sky sparkling from the many infinite stars. "You know, you've been awfully quiet and I don't blame you but I just wanna know if you're okay." He says, "Not just with this but from what happened that night." His eyes continued to look at the stars watching them from outside of the earth. He felt like this was true peace relaxing down in the pool, stars above them giving them some light, and his best friend right next to him safe.

"I'm fine." Lies only came out from his mouth, it wasn't too hard to notice for Adam. His lie made him feel worried for his best friend, he didn't want him to hold pressure in. At the same time he didn't want to bother him, it took him a moment to decide what to tell him. "You should never feel like you need to hide your feelings away. You shouldn't hide something that bothers you Jake." He says, feeling deep tension for bringing that sentence up. "You have been more awfully quiet ever since this started too." He adds in his sentence.

Jake stopped swaying his legs in the water, he looked down deeply into the pool thinking in his mind for a brief moment. He definitely held back words, he too wasn't sure what to say. "I'm about to say something that's gonna make me look awful." He said, his gut ripping him on the inside from how much deep guilt he felt. He looked over at his best friend gazing back, his eyes yet still had this emotion unexplainable to anybody. "..I'm not that worried about anything at all, I'm just happy to be with you." He says, "I'll feel fine as long as I am with you."