35. His Sacrifice Won't Go Into Vain

[3rd Pov]
Albert's Residence

Adam waited out the door a bit, checking his phone for any new notifications about anything to distract his mind but not much. In those seconds of holding his phone closely, he thought about Jake for a brief moment before hearing the door open. Albert stood in front, a little grin on his face but had a welcoming stare. "Sorry if you were busy, I know you were." He started off calm, uneasy from the last time they were together in a room. All Adam did is listen to him out, a small stare given, not forgetting everything said in their arrival. "Just to let you know.. I-I didn't invite you over to tell you anything about anybody or what to not do." Albert explained as he let his friend in the house and closed the door behind continuing to talk as they went to the living room. "I needed to tell you that I am sorry.. for yesterday. I shouldn't act out like that, I can't control what you do and say."

Adam stood there hearing him out with some nods given in response to reassure he's listening to Albert. The male stared down for a moment, shameful of his actions. "I.. felt angry the moment we arrived here. It made me feel so mad to hear out what he did. I don't want to play the victim, I got stupidly upset." He sat himself down on the couch, hoping his friend would understand him. When he continued on to talk, the guest sat himself down on the couch. He felt a little tired but felt okay to see someone's face familiar to him. "I didn't want for the argument we had to be left alone in silence, like the last time this happened. I'm sorry for all of it, what I said and using his name like that." Albert adds in, in the distance of his place water was running. Likely to be Selozar taking a shower.

For a few seconds Adam thought about the apology, he remembered the words he said and how he used Rust's name to argue against someone else. He didn't want to argue during a time like this, he can't allow for another problem to get in the way of what they need to do for a step forward. He let out a small sigh and eye contact finally connected, "It's alright, I understand it was a large moment of pressure and realizing we have been betrayed." He says, "I don't fully forgive everything you said. I'm just telling you to not ever use his name like that again for an excuse full of bullshit. Sometime I will forgive, but I need some time now to comprehend everything everyone is going through including plans for our next move out of here and face our enemies. I do always want to have you as my friend, just not when you act out like that."

"I understand. I won't do that again, and speaking of forgiveness. I know you're trying to get Jake back to us as well, but you know I'll need time too to forgive what he did to everyone." Albert said calmly, trying to be cautious with each of his sentences to avoid the start of another argument. "I just.. I don't understand why it'd happen. It's a lot to take in, I didn't think he would do something to affect everyone." His tone was full of broken and shattered faith, even if he heard of the possibility of it having a reason, he couldn't believe it to happen. "That's alright, I really don't expect anybody to forgive him quickly. I-I don't either, but I know I'll need to get him back. He isn't at the right place right now, you know he needs to be saved." Adam replied with Albert following with a nod. "I'd understand it, hopefully he gets convinced. Having an end to a place like this, all the myths, nobody deserves that type of ending. I'm not saying he does but where else would he want to go anymore? He won't even be allowed to go back home. He's being watched, maybe they'll try to get more out of him more by suspension." A little fear choked him up a bit, a flash of remembrance of a memory appeared until he shook it off. It even worried Adam for a moment, about him and Jake, they would do anything to try and get anything else out. "Y..yeah, I hope too he does get convinced. I do not want that to happen to him or anybody, he didn't even ask to be in this mess. He didn't even know about these myths, right?"