40. The Agony Never Stopped

Hi there! This is the writer to say, sorry for the lack of chapters. I've been a bit lazy and busy. I am gonna try to end this story without discounting it! It'll take time, hopefully I end it before the end of the year too!

[3rd Pov]
The Days Union

Selozar and Sorrow only for the first minutes walked together in the city, seeing many others around like civilians. Nothing much began at first, although the two carried a bit of a sadden expression, . They felt like their world just had crumbled, everything has been falling apart in their very eyes. They've lost a dear friend, they're getting closer to the edge of a big fight everyday. Especially difficult when another man has fallen into betrayal, even him couldn't or would want to help out by how he's strict down of free will. Only then the two knew they needed to fight on, not only for themselves and all friends but for their own saviors that gave them the world they saw after all pain and trauma went through.

The two walked in a more peaceful area of the city or just a calmer one. There wasn't as many civilians as before staring at them or operatives around the area patrolling or playing with fans. Quiet small footsteps was the only sound, both of the despairing souls had gaze down at the ground endlessly. Almost as if they were telepathy speaking by the way they didn't even looked at each other. Words were held back, nothing could be said at the moment shared together. Just like the old days, the days they both had each other to suffer together. It's slightly different now, it had gotten better but it's all at risk in the table. They need to act now or lose it all.

"...Sorrow.. are you recovering fine?" Selozar asked a moment after a thought crossed his head. In reply it wasn't a fast one, but he still received one. "...Slow.. but I'll be alright." Both hadn't made eye contact to each other, they only walk around avoiding anybody or anything that seemed dangerous. "..What about you?..." Sorrow questioned back, slightly lifting her face up, her hair slightly blocking her view. "It's slow for me as well..." He would mention he didn't get too many hits and slashes, but he didn't want his friend to feel bad, she's one of the ones especially injured from days ago. A slight warm embrace emerged in the two, it's been so long since they've talked like this from years. Before their saviors, they only had each other to share their pains. Indeed they all have each other looking out one another than to stand together and feel down from the pain.

"Can I ask you a question, Sorrow?..." Selozar asks in a low tone as always to her, his movement stopped at the same time as Sorrows near a spot where the light met the dark. The two stood still for a moment, both slightly in the dark. The male spoke further on with his black orbs turning over to his friend, then below at the ground. "...Do you think.. we could win this? I know I shouldn't think like that but... We have new enemies and the three returned back too..." He says, his stare seeming tired, "They want to harm you and they want to use me... These foes are different for the two, they got hurt by them..." His eyes flared at that moment, a livid flash in his eyes appearing but calm himself down. The girl didn't say any word, both her purple eyes contemplated onto the ground. Avoiding to show her dear friend a sad frown attached onto her strongly, a lost of all hope drained away like blood. Darkness slowly closing in at the lost.

"I don't know if we'll earn peace once again... But they're getting all hurt... One of us even dying by their hands..." Sorrow replied, not saying another word until Selozar spoke more again with a slight of a more stern voice tone, yet he had sympathized with her. "I know.. saving us both, it only got the two into major trouble. All they ever wanted is to have peace for everyone. A special kindness in their soul wants that, yet the world allows them to get hurt." His dark black orbs turn away from the girl, thinking of a new conclusion to get their peace back in their grasps. All she did was felt sorrowful, a deep feeling inside her came back after years of smiles. The type of sadness that'd make her question her entire existence here, she hid her face away with her long hair.