15. Angel Heart

[3rd Pov]
Driving

The two lovebirds had left already to drop their cats off a pet daycare since the last time they went out for a problem. They didn't come back for a long while and Albert had luckily changed into caring for them both much more, he did regret putting aside his cats and as well for his friends. Perhaps this time there won't be any arguments or bad terms, this is going quick and this might as well be done fast with all the hope everyone kept inside themselves. Most of them kept hope on them, but some felt afraid of what's coming. Although maybe good once again will be at the end at this darker tunnel they're entering in.

Rust and Alone say on the backseat away from each other having their seatbelts on as Jake drove his car keeping his hands on the steering wheel. At first Alone had refused to get inside of the vehicle but he had to know this is faster than running to places back and forwards. Right now at the moment Alone was in his silence, not having any words to speak to anybody he can turn around to. His expression had explained what he felt a little bit, yet again with the dangerous menacing look but luckily Rust is there next to him just staring at the front except he felt deeply watched by him.

In Jake's mind he quietly had some thoughts about what was happening. He felt even deeper concern from the rainy day, and he felt deeper tense as well when he needed to fight two people alone. There was this other emotion he still felt, he wasn't sure what it was but he hoped his best friend was okay. He had called him to get prepared and had informed him about what was going on but he still hoped nobody came inside his home. He knew his friend was strong but the last time he encountered Alone in Alberts old house, it did not go well.

"It has been quite a long while since I've seen your boyfriend, how is he?" Rust asked the driving male with a frightened look. He sensed a lot of fear in him, it kept on growing stronger. "Well what I assume is the best for his kind heart." Rust hated to do this by not being able to show a much more evil side, but he had tried to reassure him his best friend is okay. "H-He has been good lately." Jake answered, still not caring for the boyfriend part, he was a little distracted wanting to arrive at his best friend's house.

"It's so swell to hear you're all in contact, otherwise you would have found him dead. He was the one all by himself at first after all." Rust said knowing he can piss Jake off easily, and basically everyone else too. He could not hold the urge to say something terrible, it came out all of the time. "Please just be quiet Rust." Jake told him going back in his silence filled with tense. His hands were down on the steering wheel, his eyes focusing in front and his head remembering how his best friend's house should exactly look like. He begged it was the same, it cannot change in any way or even the person who lives inside.

"If that's what you want Jacob." Rust says before staying quiet and now he had some thoughts in his head. There was no clue on what he was thinking of since his expression is hidden with the mask. That too hid his identity but why would he want to hide his identity for is what some others thought in their heads. What he really looks like behind the mask, he does look human but he couldn't be considered one after all that time with him seeing what he can do. Maybe those secrets are meant to be kept private.

After the drive that had taken awhile, the three had already arrived parking in front of Adams house which was in perfect shape. Jake had told the two to stay in the car in a demanding tone knowing they might do something either stupid or bad. He took his car keys out next he got out of the car, then walked to his best friend's front door. Jake took quick steps, his head filled with many thoughts and his legs trembling slightly. He hoped his best friend Adam was there as usual, he really wanted to see him if he was okay. He has to be okay.