31. The Suprise You've Awaited For

[Rust Pov]
Christmas House

Everyone left the house full of foes. I feel glad of that and relief even if one was forced to get out of here. I still fought, giving them all some time to run away as far as possible from this old house of memories none of them deserved to go through even by my own hands.

I wouldn't want to hurt them ever again. I do know some were hurt from my decision they appreciated but hated. I feel sorry but I have to do this for all of them. I just had too after everything I've ever done and because there was no other choice.

I didn't expect it to hurt me too.

I still fought hard with the injuries that brought me down more and more into the dark cold. The endless dark cold I sent some strangers into a lot. The cold and dark I'm talking about is the most didn't come back from. Slashes, punches, bruises, blood and more was sent all over me. It felt like hours of fighting now.

Eventually after a few more minutes, perhaps two. It was time for the surprise I've planned to happen in this place. A very high chance it won't kill them, but it will give my side all time to look into something new and find another way to defeat them each. They won't recover quickly, it'll be days when they could get back in full strength.

Besides all of that dangerous mess I got myself into by working with Alone. I realized that I have them as friends or like a family. I never cared about being by myself, I didn't feel weakened by it. But strangely, I felt lifted into the air by them. I felt more capable of things. I felt the light they're in after all of that deep darkness I've seen.

I always felt satisfaction doing what I did, hurting and killing, but I never felt the burning happiness I felt inside me somewhere deep, when I cleared my vision for once. Unfortunately it was not a very long moment but at least they're out there running away with their precious life's I've taken care of.

Perhaps I was the one caring all along. Perhaps.

In these moments I did felt angered by Jakes action done but someone giving me such a sad face with the truest and deepest emotions lashed out. It made me feel this sort of thing, sentimental. I couldn't break apart someone's face this time. Even if he didn't told me the truth. I just wouldn't allow myself to do such a thing that will hurt them physically. Have I changed.

I myself truly, give them luck to continue on and this time hopefully it lasts longer than mine. As my finale steps and breathes taken, I won't let anyone hurt them for anything.

Albert, Selozar, Jake, Adam, Morgenne, Sorrow, and Uleanra. Including Alone and Foxicate. I wish them all the luck I could giveaway. I truly do, they need it to continue. They always do.

I'll miss them all deeply each, they will miss me back too. Somewhere, someday, somehow I wish I could hear and see them once more again. I will love to see them smile this time. A smile not forced but one with love and trust along with peace and happiness my friends always lived with. That's it, that's how they always wanted to live like.

None deserved to watch in despair the petals falling from the rose with sadness and grief. They should've all known that like life, things sometimes must fade away before blooming.

[3rd Pov]

Rust lifted his other hand up from underneath the cloak. Omen had thought it was some weapon so in the quickest move, she had tackled Rust down onto the wooden bloody floor. When he fell down into the floor, he let out a grunt filled with pain. He dropped his sword away too. Meanwhile the three zalcuses kept Aresmons and Abjura away from the two.