Chapter 35. The Flower Kingdom

A few hours later, we were on the road traveling again. Ever since we left the cottage, Fauna has been hiding behind me instead of a tree. I guess it's better this way considering what happened last time.

Once we arrived at the Flower Kingdom, our surroundings are filled with many different types of flowers. There was barely any green besides the grass.

While we are walking, Fauna began to whistle. Her whistling echo in the forest. Suddenly, a blue bird landed on a branch near us and sang the same melody as Fauna. Fauna whistles again and the birds sang back. Each time Fauna whistles, there were more and more birds that join in. Soon enough, there were many birds that gather around the branches near us and singing the same tune as Fauna's whistle. It's not only the birds but I also saw rabbits and squirrels coming out and gathering near us. And hey, there's even a deer here.

Zelphine: Hey Fern, why are there so many animals gathered here?

Fern: I guess I forgot to mention this but Fauna has a special ability that attracts animals to her.

Zelphine: Really? That's so cool! (Sigh) I'm envious, animals never like me...

Fauna: (nervously) D-Do you want to p-pet one.

Zelphine: (smile)Yes!

Fauna puts her hand up in the air and the animals gathered around her. She doesn't seem to be shy around them, rather, she looks really happy.

Fauna: H-Hold out your h-hand.

I did what I was told. Fauna then picks up one of the squirrels and puts it on my hand. While I was holding it, the squirrel's instincts kicked in and it scurry away from my hand.

Zelphine: (sigh) Why don't they like me.

Fern: It's because animals have instincts that tells them to run at the presence of negative energy. I guess it's impossible for animals to like you since you're a demon.

After walking for two days, we finally arrived at the Flower Castle. The castle was decorated with all kinds of flowers from big to small. As we were about to go through the gates, there was a group of flower spirits that block our path while pointing their weapons at us. From behind the flower spirits, a fairy with a rose-like dress flew out and pointed her cane at us.

Rose Fairy: Travelers! State your business for coming here!

Fern stepped out in front of us.

Fern: We bring no harm! I am a messenger from the Evergreen Kingdom who has come to inform your Queen of something urgent!

Rose Fairy: A messenger you say.

The fairy circled around Fern before nodding in approval.

Rose Fairy: Very well. I am Rosalie and I will be the one to guide you to see the queen.

After that, we followed Rosalie into the Flowers Castle. When she opened the gates to the throne room, I saw three identical girls inside. All three of them had green hair, pink eyes and a dress decorated like a christmas tree with flowers. Are they sisters?

Rose Fairy: My Queen, you have a guest from the Evergreen Kingdom.

All three of the girls looked at us, I couldn't tell which one was the queen. Suddenly, the lady with two yellow berries on each side of her hair spoke.

Identical girl 1: Oh my, oh my oh my oh my...I sense someone who possesses a soul weapon, is it you?

The lady pointed to me.