Chapter 8. Truth Reveals

18 days till full moon

Kuon: How much longer are you going to keep that smile on your face.

Zelphi: I don't know. I'm still so happy that Soren joined us on our quest.

Ever since Soren joined us yesterday, I've been smiling nonstop. I guess I'm just happy because with a tactician, our chances of winning will rise. Hang in there papa! I'm coming to rescue you.

Soren: Still, even if I did join you, we still wouldn't defeat the prince. Might I remind you that although all of us are skilled, we are only four people. At best, I can come up with a plan to save your father then escape.

Zelphi: No we have to do both.

Everyone: ???

I wish I can just escape with my papa, but Ysviel is after me. He won't stop unless I'm dead or else he can't become the next reaper king.

Zelphi: I...um...I want Kuon to get his revenge as well.

Although that's what I said, it was just an excuse. This is my destiny, I cannot avoid it.

Kuon: Well aren't you being considerate? Glad you still remember.

Zelphi: It was the main reason why you wanted to come along. How could I forget.

In the afternoon we stayed at a log cabin. Soren wanted to prepare us for the upcoming battle.

Soren: It isn't going to be easy to defeat the prince, he has an entire army behind him. Not to mention his six generals and his alliances with all the other kingdoms. For now, I suggest each of you to work on your strength and cover up your weakness as best as you can. Also, is everyone familiar with the term aura.

Zelphi: I've never actually tried to use it, but I've seen it done before.

Soren: Then I'll just briefly explain it. Aura is the energy that flows within our body. We can use this energy and turn it into power, it also helps determine how strong an opponent is. The more intense the aura is, the stronger the opponent. Not to mention there are several ways you can use your aura whether it's attacking or defending. I want you guys to learn how to use this skill, it will help you greatly.

Zelphi: I understand, but how?

Soren: I can't exactly explain it, but I can show you.

Then, Soren took out his neon green book and read.

Soren: Winds that blow across eternity, gather and obey!

The wind gathered and surrounded Soren, when he motions his hand towards a tree. A huge gust of wind blew a ton of leaves off it.

Soren: I put my aura into my spell book and it converted into wind. Depending on how much aura you put into something also depends on how strong it will be. That's the best advice I can give, sorry.

Zelphi: That's alright Soren, I'll do my best.

For the rest of the afternoon, Soren helped guide us on how to use our aura. I was able to make mine appear, but the question is, how do I convert it into power? Kuon seem to be in the same situation as I am and Sloth already knows how to do it.

Zelphi: Sloth, all this time, was the reason why you were so fast is because you used your aura.

Sloth looked at me confidently and smiles slightly.

Sloth: Yep. But I'm still fast even without using aura.

When night falls, everyone retired into the log cabin. I stayed out awhile longer to practice. Using aura can really drain your energy, but I won't give up.