Chapter 56. Dogs of the Inu Clan

.......................................Zero's Perspective...............................................

At night, I dreamt about the past. This was on the day where my whole world turned black, the day I wished I had forgotten.....In my dream, I saw Raphael (Kami) leading me to an alter. He had long silver hair that drags to the floor, transparent blue eyes, and is dressed in a white robe. He was also exceptionally handsome but for some reason, he seems sad today.

Zephiel: Raphael? Why are we here?

Kami: I'm sorry....

As Raphael apologizes, tears start falling from his face. I didn't understand why he was crying until I saw the knife behind his back.

Zephiel: Raphael...you...(looks down) so you also want to kill me too...

Kami: I'm sorry my friend, truly I am. If only there was some other way, but I had no choice. You are the bringer of death...as long as you exist, this world will perish and everyone will die.

Zephiel:....Why?...why is it..that you reject me? I thought...that even if everyone in this world hated me..as long as you didn't, then I wouldn't care. Why? (Tears falling) Why is this whole world against me!!!

The Kami stayed silent with a sad expression. I held both hands on my head. As if I had snapped, I started laughing.

Zephiel: (twisted laugh) Fufu...Fuwhahaha...haa....(palms face) That's it...I don't care anymore. I had enough of this sick twisted world. Sometimes, I wonder if my entire existence is a mistake?..or was it this world that was the real mistake? Maybe it wasn't me but this world that was wrong?

Kami: Zephiel it's n-

Zephiel: So that's why I was put here!..After many centuries!..it makes perfect sense! You are the bringer of life and also serve as the protector of this world. And I am the bringer of death...doesn't that make me the destroyer of this world?

Kami: Zephiel please, you've done enough.

Zephiel: Fufufu...It's decided...I shall destroy this world and create a new. After all..."If the world decides to reject me, then I'll reject it."

With those words, my eyes shot open in a panic. I was drenched with sweat and heavily breathing. It was night time, the sky is still black. Everyone is sleeping in their tents undisturbed.

I took off the top part if my clothes and checked my mark, it has grown larger than before. The tattoo has already cover my entire torso and is making it's way to my arms and legs. These marks...they are the proof of the sins I've committed. I fear that once the tattoo cover my entire body..the real me will once again appear. And when that happens...Zelphi will know...

For a short moment, an image of Zelphi flashed into my head. She was holding her scythe and staring at me with the same expression Raphael had on. I had already foresaw what's going to happen...it will be the same...just like what happened with Raphael. But still, just for awhile longer, I want to stay by the side of the one I love. Her presence calms me and makes me forget who I am.

......................................back to Zelphi's perspective..........................................

We had Aru track the scent of Seiryuu with the dragon stone. Hopefully, we will be able to find Seiryuu and the rest of the 4 kings. Ryujin seems to be very determined to find Seiryuu. He is able to call out water at will, it is similar to what Raine can do. But despite their similar powers, they don't seem to get along very well. Ryujin is especially cautious of Raine and keeps his distance from him. I guess it's only natural since Raine has a sword that can kill a water dragon.