Chapter 37. Mark of Zephiel

.................................perspective change.....................................

The doors to the throne room opened and Queen Leanne stepped in. There, she saw a man with long silver hair that is put in a ponytail and lifeless green eyes that doesn't show any emotion.

Queen Leanne: Lucas...I'm sorry. It's true that I love you, and I still do. But...I also love the forest and the spirits in it as well. If someone tries to threaten them, even if it's you, then I...I must stop them.

King Lucas says nothing and took out a gold bow named Apollo. He pulled the strings back and a golden arrow appear on the bow.

King Lucas: (lifelessly) must...destroy....

He let's go of the string and a wave of golden arrows shot from the bow. Queen Leanne took out her silver bow called Artemis and fired her arrows. All the arrows collided with each other and dropped to the ground. Elves have a natural talent in archery so their accuracy is perfect.

Queen Leanne begins to run towards King Lucas while firing her arrows. King Lucas rapidly fires his arrows and soon more arrows collide and drop to the ground. When Leanne was close enough to Lucas, she pull out a dagger and attack. But Lucas pulled out his sword and they went into a deadlock. Lucas then push Leanne back with his sword then fires three rounds of his arrows. Leanne deflected it with her dagger.

She then puts aura into one of her arrows then shoots it up at the sky. A volley of arrows rain down like meteors. Lucas blocks it with his sword and continues to attack Leanne. He is strong and is able to overpower Leanne with his sword. Leanne had no chance defeating Lucas with her swordsmanship so she distance herself from him. She then fires an arrow that shot a silver light toward him like a laser. He couldn't dodge it so he blocked it with Apollo, the bow then shatters from the impact.

With Apollo destroyed, he held out his hand and the ring on his finger glowed a golden color. Soon another golden bow even stronger than the Apollo appeared on Lucas's hand. This golden bow is called Licht (light) and it is the sacred weapon of the Elven Kingdom.

Queen Leanne: Why Lucas...That bow is used to save the world, not destroy it.

Lucas: (lifelessly) Enemies...must...perish...

He then fired his bow and hundreds of golden arrows flew out. Leanne couldn't shoot down all of then so she dodge them and knock a few out the way. But there were too many and one of the arrows hit her left shoulder. Leanne kneel down and held her shoulders in pain. She then stabs one of her silver arrows in the ground then got up and rapidly fire more of her arrows.

Lucas shot another volley and his arrows overpowers Leanne's in number. Lucas then ran forward holding his sword in hand. Leanne doesn't run this time and grab her dagger while staying in place. But then, Lucas's leg stopped moving as if something is tying him down. He then looks down at his feet and saw the silver arrow Leanne stabbed at the ground. The arrow had a magic circle around it and is preventing Lucas from moving.

While Lucas is unable to move, Leanne gather all her aura into her arrows and aimed it at Lucas. But before she fired, she imagined Lucas's kind expression in her head and that made her hesitate. That slight hesitation gave Lucas enough time to draw Licht and fire his arrows first.

Then hundreds of golden rays shot towards Leanne. Leanne finally shot her bow and the gold and silver arrows collide. She didn't have time to block the rest of the arrows and three of them hit her. She backed against the wall breathing heavily as blood stains her clothes. Leanne then felt Lucas's hands around her neck choking her.

Queen Leanne: A-Aug...

King Lucas: Must...protect....protect........

Just then large vines burst out of the ground and separated Lucas from Leanne. Entering the throne room is Mother Nature and Zelphine.