Chapter 83. Arrival of the Valkyries

............................Zelphi's dream from Prologue part 3............................

Blonde hair girl: Stay away you bloody angel! You were a demon all along!
Zelphi: Ella I-
Blonde hair girl: Stay away!!

..............................back to main perspective...................................

I woke up staring at an unfamiliar ceiling. The voice from my dream echoed in my head as I remembered the blonde hair girl's expression. (Sigh) It's been at least 11 years, I wonder how Ella's doing now.

As I sigh, I briefly closed my eyes, when I open them again, I saw an unfamiliar man with gray hair sitting on my bed, he was biting a red apple while staring at me with his silver eyes. When I saw his white wings, I became startled and was about to yell but then the man took the apple he was eating and thrust it into my mouth to prevent me from screaming.

Grey angel: Shhh...not so loud Eve, I don't want the humans to know I'm here.

I nodded my head and he took the apple out of my mouth and strangely, he began eating it again.

Grey angel: (smiles) Thanks, it's a pleasure to finally meet you Eve, I'm Latis, one of the angels from the holy lands who serve the Kami.

Zelphi: W-Why are you here? Are you the real angel they sent to help the humans.

Latis: (smile) Sadly no, miracles do not happen like that. I just love coming down to the mortal lands to watch as events unfold. Humans are quite interesting, Ah..but I have to stay hidden of course.

Zelphi: Then why did you show yourself to me.

Latis: It's because Eve was making a very gloomy face. I couldn't help but to come cheer you up. It's alright if Eve sees me after all, Eve is also an angel but not really.

Zelphi: So you know who I am, also, why do you keep calling me Eve?

Latis: (smiles) It's because Eve, who appears to be pure, has tainted blood running through her vein.

Zelphi: You..don't have to say it like that.

Latis: Ah but I like the Eve right now. If it's the Angel Eve, the Kami may be able to forgive your blood. But the Demon Eve however..is the origin of sin.

Zelphi:....

Latis: (smile) That's it for now, I should get going before the humans find me. Well, It was nice meeting you Eve. Farewell...

Just like that, Latis jumped out of the window and spread his wings.

Zelphi: Wait! Won't you be seen by the humans?!

Latis: Not to worry Eve, I'll just cloak myself with invisibility. Well...good-bye.

Latis coated himself with a shining light and disappeared into the daylight. After collecting my thoughts, I then got dressed and went to the sanctuary.

Uphir: Morning, sleep well?

Zelphi: Yes I did, thank-you