Chapter 44. Pirate's Escape

It's been three days since Captain Gil attacked and nothing in the ocean surprises me anymore. I'm starting to get used to the crazy weather and I won't even be fazed when a sea monster randomly pops out. These phenomenons happen way too often that it's not even a surprise anymore. It kind of makes me wonder how we even survive out here? We could've been eaten by sea monsters or be blown away by the storm.

Well, I'm just glad to be sailing with pirates who know how to survive at sea. I guess it's thanks to them that we weren't blown away from the storm. And since Tidus is a sea monster hunter, he knows how to fight big monsters at sea. He uses a sword called Chimera to fight them. His sword is very unique because it can absorb the sea monster and uses it's power. His sword varies from time to time because he always absorbs new sea monsters into it. Anyway, Tidus has been a big help when sea monsters appear. Raine is also strong too, he has a steel blue blade called Suiro.(means water dragon) His sword is a anti-water dragon sword which is very effective against water dragons. But his sword is probably not effective anymore because all the dragons died 3000 years ago because Zephiel killed them.

I'm getting really bored on the ship so I went to ask the navigator how long till we reach our destination. Up on deck, I see Ralph reading a map while holding a compass.

Zelphine: Hey Ralph!

Ralph: (without looking up) What.

Zelphine: Hey! When someone is talking, look at them will ya.

Ralph: Too much of a bother, now what do you want.

Zelphine: (sigh) Anyway, how long till we get to the island where reflection falls is.

Ralph: Can't say.

Zelphine: What do you mean you can't say?! Aren't you the navigator?

Ralph: Ordinarily, it would take about a six day voyage. But because of all the phenomenons happening after the Red Moon. The storm always blows the ship off course and the sea monsters delay us from getting there. I can't even tell which way the wind blows or the flow of the currents. Now all I can trust is this compass and map. If I don't, we might as well be lost at sea.

Zelphine: (sigh)...I guess I'll be patient then.

....................................Zero's point of view..........................................

Zero: (pained) Urgh!

My head began to throb as if someone is hitting it with a bat. I kneel on the floor and held my head. Whenever I'm exposed to negative energy or try to remember who I am, my head would hurt and then I would hear a voice. The voice sounds like my voice but only a bit darker. Also, ever since the voice spoke to me, a small tattoo appeared in my chest. I don't recognize the symbol and I don't pay much attention to it since it's not hurting me. But I notice it growing bigger each day.

Just then, I heard that voice again.

Zero: (Voice: Fuwhahaha!!!!) Wha-Urkk! (Voice: Soon, everything will be our's again!) What..ar-e..you, talking...a-about. (Voice:This world! We have to finish what we started 3000 years ago. Now...stop resisting and let me take control!) N...no.(voice: Hm..then I'll take it by force!)

Just then the voice began to chant the seven deadly sins over and over again. When it did, I felt as if my head were to explode.

Zero:(voice: Pride...Greed...Envy...) Uraaagh!!!(Voice:Sloth...lust...gluttony....wrath..!)

The voice continues to repeat the seven deadly sins, the pain was unbearable. I felt like I was dying. But then I heard a girl's voice and my head cleared. Soon, I was brought back to reality and saw Zelphi next to me with a worried expression. I don't know what it is, but when I hear her voice. I feel reassured and forget all about the pain.