Chapter 87. The Awakening of Death

Lust: (evil smile) Aww..that darling angel is sure getting cozy with Zephiel. Ufufu, I reeeally don't like her. Greed, can we carry out "that" plan now?

Greed: It would seem so, the stage is set and everything is in place. Well, let's hope that this is the last straw for awakening Zephiel.

As the 7 sinners gather around, they began chanting.

Pride, Greed, Envy, Lust, Wrath, Gluttony: Pride, Greed, Envy, Sloth, Lust, Wrath, Gluttony! (Repeating)

................................Zero's perspective................................

As I was embracing Zelphi, I suddenly heard the seven sins in my head. For a second, my vision suddenly turned dark and I harden the grip of the sword that was still in my hand.

...............................Zelphi's perspective..................................

Zephi: A-Aug.....

As I look down, I saw Zero's sword pierced into my chest and blood stained into my clothing. The pain is eating away at me as I began to turn into ashes.

...............................Zero's perspective...................................

When my vision cleared again, I saw Zelphi staring at me with a pained expression. When I looked down, I was shocked at what happen. Zelphi's blood was all over my right hand, I had stabbed her. As Zelphi began to fall to the ground, I immediately caught her. She began to disintegrate while tears are falling down my eyes.

Zero: (crying) Zelphi! I..what have I-..

Zelphi raised her hand and touch my cheek. I grabbed it and held on to it tightly while she mumbles her last breath.

Zelphi: (weakly) It's..okay...it's not..your fault. P-Please..promise me,(crying) Don't blame yourself...please don't blame yourself, Zer-...

Luciano: (super pissed) GET AWAY FROM MY GRANDDAUGHTER!!!!

................................change perspective................................

Luciano came up the steps and lashes his scythe towards Zero. While still in the state of shock, Luciano's scythe slashes onto Zero forcing him away. By then, Luciano caught Zelphi in his arms and examines her with shock.

Luciano: (angry) You damn creature of abomination!! How dare you raise a sword against my granddaughter! This is the exact reason why I didn't want her to find you!! She had the nerves to love you of all people and this is how you repay her!!!

Zero: I-

Luciano: No more excuses!! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!

Zero: (shocked) My...fault. It's my...fault. (Zelphi's..gone..She's...dead, I...........killed her)

Suddenly, it's as if something inside Zero snapped and he began screaming as if he had lost it.

Zero: Ah..Ahh! AHHHHH!!!!AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Suddenly, Zero began to transform. The white part of his eyes turned black as his black hair flow down his waist. With his chest exposed, the mark of Zephiel had covered his entire body. Deadly aura suddenly surrounds him as the skies darken, nature dies, and all the ashes had scattered to the ground. The moon was eerily being covered by a red light turning this entire land into the color of blood. The red moon signifies his destruction, Zephiel has awakened once more.