Chapter 76. The Unforgivable Truth

.....................................third person perspective......................................

Zero was fully conscious as Sloth carried him back to the castle. None of them said anything on the way back. Zero was still gravely injured from the duel and his wounds weren't healing at all. He looked at the ring that was sitting on his hand, he then gripped it tightly while thinking about Zelphi.

The doors to the castle open and they were greeted by Kuon at the front door.

Kuon: Zero! What happened to you? Where's Zelphi?!

Zero continue to look down in silence. Everyone else then came out to see what was happening. When Luciano arrived with Soren, they both stared at his injuries as if they realized something.

Luciano: ( I see..so it is him...)

Soren: ( It seems that my suspicions are correct. What I fear may be realized if we don't take precaution.)

Merlin:......

After a long silence, Sloth told everyone what happened. Everyone was shocked by what they heard.

Kuon: What?! We gotta go save her!

Luciano: Hold your horses little Kuon! Before we go,  I gotta have a little chat with Zephiel.

Kuon: Zephiel?! He's here!

Luciano: Right in front of you little Kuon.

Zero: ...So you knew it was me all along..didn't you..

Luciano: I wasn't absolutely sure, but now I'm certain. You two noticed it too right?

Soren: Yes...it's all clear to me now, your wounds are the evidence. It's the only explanation.

Merlin: (nods head)

Luciano: You seemed to have already known little Sloth, what's your connection with Zephiel? No wait..the answer is right in front of me, isn't that right "Sinner of Sloth".

Sloth:......

Kuon: What the heck?! What's going on here?

Kai: Kuon..get the hint already. Zero is Zephiel.

Kuon: But that's-!!

Yuri: He's Zephiel Kuon...

Kuon then falls silent. He then stares at Zephiel.

Kuon: Hey..tell me the truth. I want to hear it from you..

Zero:...

Kuon: C'mon! Why aren't you saying anything?! Unless...you're really him...

Kuon suddenly unsheathes his sword and ran towards Zero with killing intent.

Luciano: Wait! I said hold your horses!

He then stabbed Zero in the chest and more blood came out. However, the cut from Kuon immediately began to heal while the wound from Pandemonium stayed the same.

Kuon: (evily) Hey...remember that bet we made during the swords competition. I want a rematch now, same rules apply and if I win, tell me the truth. Now stand!!

Zero limp himself up, he was barely standing because of the injuries he received from Pandemonium. But he readied his sword as Kuon charged forward. It was a one sided match and Kuon over powered Zero and knocked his sword out of his hand. Zero then fell to the ground in exhaustion. Kuon then pointed his sword at him again.

Kuon: Tell me...

Zero: (breathing heavily) Huff..huff.....

Once Zero caught his breath, he slowly began to speak.

Zero: It's just as they said...I..am Zephiel. The same one from the legend who tried to destroy the world...3000 years ago.

In a split second, Kuon raised his sword and strike but then Luciano pinned him down to the ground.

Luciano: Hey! Didn't I tell you to stop!

Kuon wasn't listening and continued to struggle in anger.

Kuon: Let me go! That man is a traitor! A liar!! Zephiel is not allowed to exist!!!

Luciano: Stop little Kuon! Granddaughter sacrificed her freedom to save him, don't let her efforts be wasted!

Kuon: Why?...Why is it always you! Zero! Zero! Zero! That's all I hear from her! Why did Zelphi fall for you?!!

Everyone fell silent while Kuon vented his anger and frustration.

Kuon: Did you know?..I..liked Zelphi for a long time...But since I knew she liked you, I was prepared to forget about her. I trusted you with her! Yet..you turned out to be Zephiel and she still chose you. Why?..why you~of all people...

While still on the floor, Kuon began to breakdown. It seems that all this time without anyone knowing, he actually like Zelphi. Zero was silent along with everyone else. He then took out Zetsumeigai and offered it to Luciano.

Zero: Here..this is from Zelphi..she told me to return it to you.

Luciano: To offer me the sacred weapon, that's not smart Zephiel. I was once the reaper king, I can still kill you with it here and now.

Zero: It's fine if you kill me..but please, save Zelphi.

Luciano grabbed the ring, he then put it on and summoned Zetsumeigai. Suddenly, Luciano's appearance began to change back into its original form. He turned into a adult with long black hair and the same red piercing gaze from before.

Luciano: Fine then..I'll let you off this time since I don't have time to deal with you. But in exchange, swear to me that you'll never come near My granddaughter ever again. If not, you can die right here! Zephiel!

Zero: I...I swear...

Luciano: (starts walking away) Well..it's not like I'll believe the words from someone like you anyway. Sloth! I advised you to leave as well. Everyone else, come with me! I'm getting my granddaughter back! (Damn you child of Nosferatu! I will not let what happen to Asura happen again!)