Prologue part 3

The next few days were the same. As papa hunted the demons, I stayed at the cathedral and helped around. Once papa is finish with work, we would move to the next village and the cycle continues. But this next village were staying at doesn't have a cathedral for me to stay in. We were really lucky to find a kind lady who runs a orphanage to watch over me. Before papa left he put his hands on my shoulders.

Silva: Make sure you stay inside and don't wander off by yourself. Unlike at the cathedral, a demon can appear at any given moment.

Zelphi: Understood!

After papa left, I just sat besides a tree and started singing. Singing is one of my favorite hobbies and it always keep me calm, besides its fun. Just then from behind the trees, I heard a twig break.

Zelphi: (startled) Who's there!

Girl: (timidly) Um...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt.

Zelphi: Don't worry, it's fine I was just surprised.

Girl: Your singing, it was very beautiful, you sounded just like an angel.

Zelphi: Thank you really much, the fact is, I actually am an angel.

Girl: R-really! Angel-chan my name is Ella and I want us to be friends! Oh please say you will.

Zelphi: Um...sure! Why not.

Ella: Huzzah!!! I've always wanted to be friends with angels. Please to meet you Angel-chan.

Zelphi: Instead of angel-chan, just call me Zelphi.

Ella: Okay then, Zelphi.

After meeting Ella, we played together. It was a lot of fun. Ella told me lots of stories about angels. I guess she really likes them.

Ella: So where are your wings,can you fly.

Zelphi: I don't have any, but I do have a halo.

I started singing a few notes and my halo appeared.

Ella: Whaa!!! It's so pretty.

Zelphi: Thank you.

For the rest of the evening, I played with Ella and when the sun goes down, the kind lady who is watching over us call us in for supper. One by one the children's went in. There was me, Ella, four boys, and two other girls. When we got inside the house there was no supper at the table, everyone was confused. Suddenly, we heard a click, the lady locked herself in with us. Then she smile evily

Lady: So sorry, when I meant supper, I mean you!

The lady started to grow long red hair, her nails were getting sharper, and she grew a tail too. Her blood red eyes stared right at us saying that we were her next prey. Everyone backed away to the farthest corner frightened out of their mind. There was no escape, the only exit is through the front doors which is lock.

Monster lady: Ahh...I just love the expression children's make when I'm about to eat them.

One by one, to monster lady gobbled up the children, then she stared right at Ella. She then grabbed Ella's foot. Ella was screaming and kicking viciously. I just sat there with wide emotionless eyes as I recall the time papa killed that stranger. The image played in my head as I recall papa's words. Thump! Thump! Thump! I can hear my heart beating faster and faster. Crack! My red amulet had a small crack in it, then my blue eyes turn red. As if by instinct, I grabbed the kitchen knife and striked the demon lady. The lady screamed and looked at me, I stared back with my emotionless glowing red eyes. I don't remember what happen after that but the next thing I knew, I was covered in blood and the lady was lying on the floor covered with severe knife stabbing wounds all over. I went over to Ella to see if she's okay, but she was terrified and backed away.

Ella: St-stay away!!! You bloody angel, you were a demon all along!!!

Zelphi: Ella I-.

Ella: Stay away!!!

Ella threw a plate at me, it hit my head and blood dripped down my forehead, soon other children joined in throwing random objects at me.

Boy: Go away you monster!

I shield myself, as I did, blood and tear dropped to the ground. I ran out the house and into the woods. I did not stop running, then I bumped into someone. When I look up, my papa was there. He looked at me shock. I jumped on him and held on to him while crying.

Silva: (sigh) Judging by the color of your eyes, it seems that you took ones life before your sixteenth birthday. In your current state, you are not an angel, yet you're not quite a demon either. If this is the path chosen for you, then it looks like I'll have to prepare you for what's to come.