Chapter 59. Dark Raven Princess

We traveled all the ways south to Suzaku's area. Here, there were many winged people called avians..at least, there was suppose to be. But we haven't seen a single one yet, it's suspicious.

Inami: Eww!! What's that smell?!

Aru: (whining) (covers nose)

Zelphine: Smell? I don't smell anything.

Inami: Urgh! Then why does it smell so bad?! It's burning my nose...urgg, I can't smell anything...

Ryujin: I see, then it must be some kind of repellent that can disorient a dog's sense of smell. A Inu's sense of smell is 100 times better than ours. They can't stand the smell of ammonia, mothballs, and citrus. There must be some sort of chemical spread around this land to kill their smell. It's suspicious.

Inami: Ughhh...sorry Zelphi-Hime. I can't follow our deities scent anymore.

Zelphine: That's alright, but what are we going to do now?

Ryujin: Why don't we go meet the Raven Princess? She is in charge of all the avians here ever since Suzaku went missing.

Zelphine: We might as well.

On our way to meet the Raven princess, Yoru walked besides me and whispered into my ear.

Yoru: (whisper) Be careful..Ravens are a sign of ill omen.

Zelphine: So are crows, aren't they the same?

Yoru: (whisper) I suppose...however, a Raven is slightly larger and has a darker meaning to their legend. Unlike crows, ravens are called "scavengers of death". They eat the remains of dead plants and animals..It's a bad sign, so be careful.

When we arrived at the doors of the manor, the ravens that were perched on the roof flew down towards us. Five of them transform into their human forms. They have large black wings just like Yoru's but wider in size.

Raven guy: Travelers..why have you come to our domain.

Zelphine: We just want to have an audience with the Raven princess, that's all.

Raven guy: Unknown travelers are not welcome here. Leave at once!

Zelphine: Hm..then just tell her that the reaper king wants to meet her.

The Raven people look at each other then whispered. One of them sent a Messenger Raven into the manor. After awhile, the Raven flew back and the Raven people listened to its low croak.

Raven guy: It seems that the princess has accepted your propasal. You will have the honor of meeting Princess Kaguya herself.

The Raven guy led us inside. When we are in, I scanned the manor as we passed the halls. Nothing seems to be out of the unusual but what caught my attention was a room that we passed. Inside, there was a small shrine decorated with black feathers. I was curious about it so I went in, but then the Raven guy stopped me.

Raven guy: Halt! Do not take another step outsider! This is a sacred room, outsiders are not allowed inside! Stand down or leave at once!!

Zelphine: Oh..sorry about that. (Hm..I could've sworn that I saw the dragon stone glow just now when I went inside. On well, the light must be playing a trick on me.)

After that, we arrived at a room where we saw a lady with long purple hair. She had a strand of white hair that covers her right eye and is wearing a ornament with three long strands of black feathers. Her dress is very fancy and she was exceptionally beautiful. When the Raven princess spotted Zero, she walks towards him.