Chapter 62. The Story of Long Long Ago.

That night, me and Zero watched the moon above us. It was midnight and I asked him about...well, everything. I put my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around me. As expected, there was no pulse beating from his chest. The plants around us immediately withered when Zero approaches it. He then quietly begins his long story of his childhood.

....................................Zero's Story...............................................

5000 years ago. (note: The present Zero is telling the story)

I was born 5000 years ago when "the war between all races" was still being fought. All the races wanted full control of the land and so they fought over it. The strongest races were the angels and demons. Because of their long rivalry, they became sworn enemies and I guess that's why they hate each other today. There were magical creatures, war beasts, savants, sea dwellers, and snow spirits fighting in this war too. But at the bottom, the humans were the weakest of all.

Still, even though they are weak, they're able to survive no matter how many times they were crushed. They were persistent and are known for not giving up...it was foolish and most of them rushed to their deaths. But a handful of wise ones were able to outsmart the other races and grabbed a short victory. There was me, Zephiel, and my old friend...Raphael. We both started out as humans but ever since that day, we've been reborn.

I first met Raphael at an orphanage when I was 8. I don't remember the faces of my parents but the fact that I am a orphan most likely means that they are dead. I was a very shy kid and I didn't know how to communicate with other people so it was hard for me to make friends. But Raphael on the other hand was always surrounded by them, everyone loves him...even I was attracted to his radiance on the first day we met.

Boy1: Alright! We're playing a game! I'm on Raphael's team!

Girl: Hey no fair! I want to be on his team!

Boy2: What are you talking about?! If anyone should be on his team, it should be me!

The group of 14 children began to fight over who will be in Raphael's team.

Raphael: (smiling) Now now, let's not fight. Have peace.

Just like that, everyone stopped fighting.

Girl2: Hey I know! Why don't we let Raphael decide who to be on his team.

Girl1: Great idea! Great idea!l

Raphael: (smiling) I don't really mind who's on my team. Why don't we flip coins to make it fair.

Zephiel: (shy quiet voice)....Play...

Startled by the voice, everyone turned around to see a scrawny black hair kid with black eyes.

Zephiel: (shy) C-Can I play.

Girl: (annoyed) Oh butt off Zephiel!!

Boy: Yeah! Go away loner! No one wantsa to play with such a gloomy kid like you. Especially not with Raphael!!

Raphael: Actually..why don't we let him join in on the fun.

Zelphiel: (Perks up a bit)

Girl: What?! But why Raphael?

Raphael: To make this game fair of course. We only have 15 players, we need one more to make this even. (Smiles at Zephiel) Right?

That made me really happy and from then on, I knew he and I would get along well. Raphael was my best friend and perhaps the only friend I'll ever have. He is a year older than me who also lost both of his parents at war. But despite that, he was still able to live on with a smiling face. People were attracted to his cheerfulness and he was kind to everyone. He dislikes the idea of war and conflict but in order to obtain peace, he decided to fight.