Chapter 74. Unexpected Guest

After getting out of the Genspenst Ruins, we traveled back to the soul kingdom. Thana is still continuing her search in the ruins so we went our separate ways. Merlin is disguised as Soren again, I can only tell who's who by their diamond marks and personality. But since they get along really well, they're almost like twins.

While we were traveling, I remembered the question I asked Soren and decided to also ask Merlin. He's every bit as strong and smart as him, maybe he can help.

Zelphi: Excuse me..ah, Merlin.

Merlin (with Soren's appearance): Reaper King..you've mistaken me, I'm Soren.

Zelphi: No..you're definitely Merlin. You just called me Reaper king and your branded mark is on your palm.

Merlin: (deadpan) So you've notice. Now..What seems to be amiss?

Zelphi: I want to ask you a question. What if, and I'm only saying "what if" alright. What if Zephiel had two sides to him. One good and one evil. Is there a way to seal the evil side away without sealing the good side away from him?

Merlin: There is no need. Our objection is to kill Zephiel, not seal him away so that he can rise again in another millennium.

Zelphi: I understand but is it possible if that were the case?

Merlin: I cannot say. Perhaps there is a way, but this is Zephiel we're talking about, there's probably no other way.

Zelphi: Oh..I see.

Merlin: However..most likely, I believe that the Kami knows the answer.

Zelphi: Really?!

Merlin: Yes..He knows Zephiel better than anyone. But I doubt you'll be able to ask him. The Kami resides in the holy land, it's impossible for demon to even step foot into that land.

Actually, since I am a half angel, I'll be able to go into the holy land. Since the Kami might know, I'll go visit him for my next journey. But I should probably go alone since the holy land only allows angels and good humans there.

We traveled back to my castle in the soul kingdom. Once I open the doors, I spotted two unfamiliar men with cat ears and a tail. One had black hair while the other had white and both of their eyes are gold. When they spotted me, they wagged their tail and hugged me with a happy and playful expression.

Black and white hair men: Mama!!

Zero: (shock) !!!

Kuon: Hey-What?! Get your hand off of her!

Just then from behind, Layhel grabbed both of their tails and they transformed into black and white kittens.

Zelphi: Huh? Kuroh? And Shiroe too?

Kuroh and Shiroe: Mew-Mew (Mama!)

They both jumped into my arms and nuzzled me. I guess Kuroh and Shiroe can transform into their human forms now. Still, why are they so big?

Layhel: It's good to see you again Zelphi. I'm sorry I wasn't there to greet you last time.

Zelphi: It's alright, it couldn't be helped.

After that, everyone settled in. Soren showed Merlin the library, they were greeted by Alma who was reading there as usual. Mary-Anne made good friends with Urey and Khione. They were all playing in the garden with Aru.

Then, I went to see grandpa at the throne room. There, I see him sleeping in the throne chair with a rather pained expression.

........................................Luciano's dream..................................................