Chapter 13. Promised Day

Tonight is the full moon

In the morning, we finally arrived at Ysviel's castle. Well we're not exactly there but we could see it from a distance, it was much bigger than I expected. The castle had a gothic style architecture with many glass windows, all the windows have curtains so we couldn't see through them. I stared at the castle in amazement, my papa must be in there somewhere. In the afternoon, Kai and Yuri were telling Soren all they knew about the castle. Since we're close to enemy territory, Sloth is unable to scout the area. I sat by a tree in deep thought. Now that I am actually here, I am starting to get nervous. There is no telling if we can survive this, but no matter what, we have to. I stared down at my cracked amulet and held it tight.

Zelphi: My mom from above, and my dad from below. Please, please protect me and all my friends tonight. Please protect my papa, please...let him be alright.

Kuon: What's wrong?

Just then Kuon walked over and sat right besides me.

Zelphi: Nothing really, I guess I'm just worry.

Kuon: Well don't be, after all, we did make a promise to everyone that we would survive and defeat Ysviel.

I turned towards him and gave him a smile

Zelphi: Yeah, you're right. But...after all of this is over, we won't be traveling together anymore.

Kuon flicked my forehead, there was a slight pain that stung there.

Kuon: Idiot! Even if we were to go our separate ways, we would still be friends. Besides, it might not be goodbye forever, we're bound to cross paths someday.

Zelphi: Thank you...Kuon.

I smiled slightly as I said this with a soft voice.

Kuon: Huh? Did you say something?

Zelphi: No, not at all.

When the sun went down, Soren explained the plan to us.

Soren: Tonight is the full moon, the time has finally arrived.

We all looked at each other, determination burned in our eyes.

Soren: Because we took down the six generals, the enemies defense and morale should be down. But we mustn't underestimate them, even with the six generals gone, they still have thousands of soldiers in stored for us. Our main goal is to defeat Ysviel, just like with Faust, a army cannot function without its commander. It will be our victory once we defeat him. I doubt it will be easy doing it alone, so we are moving as a group. Kuon will lead in the front, Kai and Yuri will defend the side. Zelphi will take care of the back and Sloth will stay a kilometer ahead to alert us of enemies. I will be in the middle to support all sides. When there is a case of emergency, me and Zelphi will switch places so she can heal us all. Does everyone understand?

We all nodded in agreement.

Soren: Then let's go defeat Ysviel, together!

With that we took off. Hang in there papa, were coming for you now.

At night, six shadow can be seen traveling in the darkness. Then, at the front of the castle's gate, there was a quiet, Tap Tap Tap. Then one guard went to open the door, once the guard opened the door, he collapsed and six shadows went in. Soon a huge uproar burst out, reapers came at us in all directions.

Soldiers 1: Intruders!

Soldiers 2: Were being attacked!

The reapers tried to surround us, but Soren made a path with his wind. It was almost too easy that it seems suspicious. Once Sloth located where Ysviel was, he came back and guided us to the throne room. As we were making our way there, the number of reapers seen decrease, why? It's almost too easy? We ran through the halls and up the stairs. Once we came to a door with a grand design, we prepared ourselves and open it. When we stepped into the throne room, Ysviel was sleeping in his chair. His black bangs fell onto his face. Suddenly, he woke up and looked at us with a evil smile.