Chapter 63. Black is White and White is Black

In the morning, we were ready to return home again. Me and Zero agreed not to tell anyone about what happened last night. We are keeping our relationship a secret and the fact that Zero is Zephiel a secret as well. After what happened yesterday, everyone is suspicious of Zero but since he saved us all, people decided to not question him and ignore what happened. I plan to ask Soren how to seal Zephiel away without sealing Zero away. But...how am I suppose to tell him without letting him know the truth? In any case, I have to hurry because Zero is starting to lose control each day.

I also had my first flying lesson but no luck. Basically, Yoru pushed me off a cliff to force my wings out. He says that in ancient traditions, younger tengus learn how to fly by being in life threatening situations so it's either fly or fall. Yoru doesn't save me so I have to use what I learn from Grandpa and climb myself back up. Because of his training, I got pretty good at climbing but I still can't fly.

Before we left, Ruyjin says his goodbyes to Orochi.

Orochi: Ryujin, please..don't go. Now that Seiryuu is gone, you are the last surviving dragon and the new sacred beast of the west. We must protect you at all cost.

Ryujin: I'm sorry elder, but I made a promise to Seiryuu when he died. I swore to kill Zephiel and free the future from his destruction. In order to do that, I must travel with the reaper king so I can find Zephiel.

Orochi: (tearing up) I understand but-!

Ryujin: (sad smile) Elder...please...

Orochi: (tears rolling down face) Alright then..I will pray for your journey from afar.

Ryujin: Thank you elder....please watch over everyone while I'm gone.

Orochi: You have my word.

After that, Ryujin joined us and we left. Behind us, many Hebi's are grieving from Ryujin's departure.Yoru is also coming along with me since he said he would teach me how to fly. Karatsu flew towards Talon and relay his message from Yoru, he then flew back. The kitsune clan are happy that the 4 sacred beast are freed. Inari was especially happy to see them again. Aoi and Ena returned to the kitsune clan but Inami decided to come with us for some reason. It seems that Aru is becoming friendly with Inami which isn't a surprise since both of them are canines. Before we left, we filled our stomachs, especially Inami and then start traveling to the demon land.

Along the way, We saw two kittens collapsed on the ground. One was black with a white dot on it's forehead while the other is white with a black dot on its forehead. They were hurt so I healed them and once they woke up, they jump onto me happily.

Black and white kitten: Meow-meow! (Mama!)

Zelphi: Whoa there! Take it easy.

Black and white kitten: (purring)

Zero: (smiling) They seem to like you Zelphi. Well..that makes three of us.

Only I heard what Zero said and blushed at what he meant.

Zelphi: (blushing) Still, it's strange. I thought all animals don't like demons. Aru is a exception since Fenrirs are called demon wolfs.

Fauna: I-It could be that t-those kittens are d-demons. (Nervously) I-I'm not good with d-demon animals.

Inami: What?! Why not?! They're sooo cute!

Inami tried to pick one of the kittens up but the two kittens hid behind me and hissed at her. It seems that they don't like Canines that much but Inami seems to like them a lot. After that, we fed the two kittens the fish we caught. They were happily munching on it and then played with Fife. Once break time is over, we were back to traveling again and left the two kittens behind. But...