Chapter 40. Sacred Training

After talking with grandpa, we called everyone to the throne room to introduce themselves. First, Khione walked in with Soren.

Khione: Zelphine! So great to see you back.

Zelphine: Me too. So, did you learn how to control your powers yet.

Khione: Well..a little.

Khione showed me a ball that is half covered with ice. Well, at least it's not fully covered with it.

Soren: You came back early this time, did something happen?

Zelphine: Well..You can say that. Oh! And here, (hands him bag) these are the stuff I collected from the forest.

Soren: Hm..these medicinal plants will prove to be useful.

Just then we heard the door slam open. There, Sloth and Sheele stomped in. They weren't seriously injured but I could see small cuts and bruises on them. When everyone was in, I introduced them. I also introduced grandpa too. Everyone welcomed the new companions and finally, I introduced Zero.

Zelphine: Everyone, this is Zero. I know he is a bit strange but, get along with him.

Zero: (smile) Hello there.

From the looks of everyone's faces, I can tell they were all thinking the same thing. I know...Zero doesn't have any life force emitting from him. He's just like a dead man except he is still moving. He can't be called a zombie since he's not rotting. And since he doesn't eat, I wonder where he gets his energy from?

After that, I told everyone what happened in the forest land. While I was talking, I notice Sloth staring at Zero with a serious expression. Sheele was also staring at Zero with the same expression she uses to stare at Sloth. Now she has another person she hates. If I remember correctly, Sheele said she hated Sloth because she didn't like the look in his eyes. I remembered her words. Sheele: "A killer...long forgotten." Hm..does that mean Zero is the same.

When I finished explaining what happened in the forest land, it was getting late so we all exit the throne room.

...............................change perspective.................................

While Zero is walking through the halls, Sloth then appeared out of nowhere. He stares at Zero with his shining gold eyes.

Sloth: You...!

Zero: Hm? Are you talking to me?

Sloth: ?! Do you not remember me..?

Zero: You know who I am? By all means, please tell me. Who am I?

Sloth just stares at Zero with his poker face. He then closes his eyes and walks away.

Sloth: Never mind, I was mistaken. (Now I'm absolutely sure it's you. (Sigh) It's been 20 years. Maybe this time you'll be able to live a proper life)

...........................change perspective..................................

The next morning, grandpa starts teaching me how to use Zetsumeigai's power at the courtyard.

Luciano: Okay granddaughter. Focus your aura and infuse it with the scythe, then pull out its power.

I did what I was told and a transparent dark aura coated me. I then concentrated on putting it into the scythe and my aura became thick. It wasn't transparent anymore and the color was darker than normal. I could feel tremendous power coming from it but it felt heavy.

Luciano: (satisfying smile) Good. Now give it a good swing.

I pulled my arms back and bent my knees. The scythe felt heavier than usual. I then raise my scythe but then collapse because of the weight of it. Why is it so heavy all the sudden?