Chapter 65. The Branded Wind

Me, Zero, Kuon, and Sloth arrived at the magic land, we are currently traveling to the wind kingdom. Grandpa says that the magic land is divided into kingdoms that focuses on one type on magic. That means that there's a different kind of magic practiced in every kingdom. For the wind kingdom, they focused on wind magic and that is where Soren is right now.

Kuon: This feels just like the old days when you, me, and Sloth are finding Soren. Brings back memories, doesn't it?

Zelphine: Yes but you're forgetting that Zero is also here.

Kuon: Meh, I guess.

We arrived at a town in the wind kingdom, everything here seems to be powered by magic. The lights, roads, and even the buildings. The people here seems to all carry a magic book, staff, or wand. Some of them had magical weapons or objects.

We passed through the town and arrive at the front gates of the wind castle. I knocked on the front door and it opened with a slight breeze blowing out of it. The person who greeted us was a girl with short black hair and eyes. She was just a little shorter than me and had a large fan strapped to her back.

?? Girl: Oh! You must be the new disciples who are here to learn wind magic from King Solomon!

Zelphine: Uh..No wer-

?? Girl: Come in! If there's anything you don't understand, you can ask me. I'm Kagune, pleasure to meet you all.

The girl named Kagune dragged us to a library where several other people are studying and practicing wind magic. Ugh..I really hate this place, I just can't sit still and read books. It's so boring! How can these people sit here for long periods of time staring at words? What's so fun about it?!

Kagune: Here we are. All the books in this library will teach you the basis of wind magic. It fact, I'll have someone to help you out.

Kagune then called a girl over here. She had short pinkish color hair and eyes was carrying a spell book.

Kagune: This is Celeste, she is a fire Mage who just started learning wind magic. If there's anything you don't understand when I'm not around, then you can ask her.

Celeste: Nice to meet you! Hope we get along well.

Zelphine: Yeah...except, we aren't here to learn wind magic.

Kagune: !! My apologies! It seems that I've made a mistake. Now then, why are you all here?

Zelphine: We're here to find Soren.

Kagune: Soren?...(cold tone) I see, you must be talking about the "branded wind". Why are you here to meet him?

Zelphine: It's because I have a lot of unanswered questions that I need him to solve.

Kagune:..Wait here, I'll go inform King Solomon about this.

...........................change perspective................................

Soren walked into the throne room and stood face to face with a man that had long blonde hair and green color eyes. There were Seven Sages sitting in the room as well and they all looked at him with disgust.

Soren: I've returned Solomon.

Sage 1: Insolence! To call the king by his name without title is the greatest disrespect!

Sage 2: What atrocity! This "branded wind" doesn't have the respects to even kneel before the king! Before us!!

Soren: Who cares, he's not my king. Why should I show my respects when you don't even show yours.