𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟾

"See, if I just claim power I'm no better than Dream. But, I can just be elected into it instead!"

You pulled up a chair, placing it opposite Wilbur and sitting down.

"So, let me get this straight. You want to have an election, with you as the only running party?"

"Good plan, right?" he said. "We run, we close the polls right after announcing they're open, I become president!"

"Ok, look, I'm not saying you're a bad leader, but that's a shitty move," you remarked. "I mean, you should at least give others the chance to run."

"Come on Y/n, do you really think someone will step up?"

"Well, yeah," you replied bluntly. "Quackity, he seems to have a lot of opinions on how you're running L'manberg. And you should really listen to Fundy more often. He has a lot to offer."

Wilbur rolled his eyes. "Have some faith in me."

"If you think that's the best way to do things, then go ahead. The citizens probably won't be happy when they realize you've basically seized power for yourself, though," you told the brunette.

"When he's what?" Quackity's voice spoke behind you, entering Wilbur's office and glancing at the papers.

"It's nothing," Wilbur said quickly, trying to put them away. Quackity grabbed one and read over it.

"The first L'manbergian Election... Politicians of Gaming Party, what the fuck, Wilbur?!"

Wilbur sighed. "It's just to consolidate power, Quackity, it really isn't a big deal."

"It isn't a big deal?" Quackity repeated incredulously. "Doing a government takeover? This is borderline- this basically is tyranny, Wilbur!"

"If you're so worried about it, why don't you run yourself?"

"Fine! I will!"

"With who?" Wilbur said with an eyebrow raise, leaning back in his chair.

"I'll find someone," the Mexican said. "Not like you have someone behind you anyway."

"Can't you read? Pres. Wilbur Soot, running mate Tommy Innit." Your head snapped to Wilbur's.

"You're telling me you're having a sixteen-year-old run for vice president?" you asked disbelievingly.

"He's been a good one so far," Wilbur retorted.

"He's had at least three near-death experiences in the last year, on top of having to deal with his own things!" you exclaimed. "The kid's had enough to deal with already!"

You ran a hand through your hair, heaving out a breath. "I'm heading out for now, you two can figure this out," you stated plainly. You left Wilbur's office, nodding at Quackity on the way out.

As you unknotted the lead keeping Mist waiting, you decided to go to Niki's newly-built bakery. You could use some time to relax.

You kept up a fairly quick pace, grabbing a water bottle from your bag and taking a quick sip. It took just over ten minutes to get to your destination. You hopped off Mist and came into the shop with your satchel slung over your shoulder.

"Y/n! The usual?" Niki asked warmly. She was dressed in a black crop top, camouflage-pattern shorts, and a long, unzipped grey jacket, with an apron draped over the outfit.

"Yup, thanks!" you responded. The blonde girl nodded, taking out a piece of paper.

"Coming right up!" She handed you the paper with the date along with the words "Order 026 - Y/n" scribbled onto it, and you slid a small pile of coins onto the counter.