𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟸 - 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚛'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

"Tommy, I know you'd never thought you'd hear me say this, but take your place on the podium and give us a speech. Or should I say, president-elect. Tommy Innit."

Your e/c eyes held a joyful twinkle, watching Tommy splutter in disbelief as his brother gestured him up to the podium.

"Hello everyone." The teenager took a deep breath, others greeting him back, before continuing. "Hello. Well, it looks like we've won. And- and I never thought I'd say this, but even after the hardships, the tyranny that we've been through, after everything, it was meant to be."

Through his sunglasses, Eret's eyes widened and he let out a laugh. "That's my line!"

"It was always meant to be." You smiled, squeezing Wilbur's hand briefly.

"Er, and, Wilbur," Tommy chuckled slightly, "thank you. For making me the president. And- and I know you said I never would be, I couldn't be. And after a bit of thinking, I decided... yeah. I can't be."

A murmur of confusion. A gasp. Your eyebrows raised just slightly.

Tommy continued. "And as much as this is everything to me, as much as this would have been everything - I've still got unfinished business. Because Dream, you've still got those discs."

Dream grinned lightly, making a motion as if to doff a hat.

"Until I've got those discs back, it's not fair for me to take my place in L'manberg. L'-" the blonde stressed the 'L'- "-L'manberg. So, Wilbur, I know you had your points where we thought you were gonna, y'know, fuckin' blow the whole place up - I know that's just talk now!"

Wilbur looked down, corners of his lips upturned, then back up.

"So, we did this, and there wasn't a single explosion." Tommy had a satisfied look on his face as he surveyed the crowd. "Wilbur? Take your place on the podium. And Dream? This isn't over."

You reassured Wilbur with a simple nod, him then speaking into the microphone. "Alright, I'll keep this brief as possible. Tommy, that was... good of you. And, so, the first thing I'll do is to scrap that flag. It's not our nation anymore."

Niki's cheers and Quackity's celebration made their way into your ear amidst Wilbur's words. "Yellow, black, red, white, and blue. That's how it should be. However, I also cannot be your president."

Eyebrow raise count: two.

"Techno, you've taught me a lot," Wilbur noted. "You taught me that government isn't the way to go, not for me at least. Whilst I can't judge the way other people run the country, I can take charge in whether I will. So, let me hand off the presidency. To say goodbye to my nation, my L'manberg, and there's only one other person who I want to come up to the stage."

Wilbur sighed, this one seeming to symbolize a final rest. "Let me welcome your next president of L'manberg. Tubbo."

Tubbo's face split into what you think may have been the biggest possible smile on a human being, his entire aura seeming to jump up several steps. Wilbur shared a smaller version, descending as Tubbo went up.

As he unsurely gave his speech, you couldn't help but notice the absence of a certain someone.

Wilbur, what are you doing?

-----

You walked with purpose, following the light footprints of the grass while messaging Wilbur frantically.

<y/u> wilbur where are you
<y/u> wilbur
<y/u> wil
<y/u> please answer me
<y/u> i need you
<y/u> we need you