𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟺

The sound of a loose punch cracked you out of your spaced out trance, and you jolted up out of your seat.

What the hell...? you thought to yourself, pushing your chair back and standing up. You were going to head towards the source of the noise when your door opened and in came a person.

"Y/n?" Quackity asked, voice slightly woozy and movement stuttered. Blood dripped from cuts on his temple and arms, brownish-red bruises accompanying them.

You wasted no time, moving to sit him down on a chair. "Holy shit, Quackity, what happened?"

"Schlatt," he mumbled, followed by a pained curse.

Your hands quickly unzipped the first aid kit situated in your office, fully equipped with bandages, gauze pads, and a few other items. You pulled out the things you needed and got to work.

"Again, huh?" you spoke, wetting a cloth and gently pressing it onto his head wound.

Quackity winced slightly. "Yeah, he - fuck - sorry, he's getting worse these days."

"I don't get how you put up with him," you muttered, finding gauze pads and some medical tape.

"I kind of have to, though." You looked up at him questioningly while securing gauze to the cut on his temple. "He helped me, after all."

"Whatever he's done for you. You shouldn't have to go through... all of this." You moved onto the bleeding on his arms.

"I dunno. It's just whatever."

You paused your treatment to look at him and point a finger into his face. "It's not whatever if you're coming into my office bleeding every other day. Almost everyday, even!"

"I mean, I'm pretty sure the only reason he doesn't do the same for me is because he wants to get into my pants." You rolled your eyes, running your hand through your hair.

Quackity looked down at his hands for the remainder of the time you spent caring for his wounds. When you were done, he got back up and glanced at you.

"Thanks, Y/n. And don't worry about me."

"It was nothing. And I will anyways, Quackity."

The man in question paused at the door.

"Alex," he said quietly. "Call me Alex."

You were left in silence as Quackity - Alex, Alex stepped through the doorway and walked back down the hall.

With a short sigh, you melted back down onto your chair. You'd been given an exhaustingly long terms and conditions document that you had to read through and notate. You went to the page you'd dog-eared and pulled out a book and quill.

The words blended together into a mishmash of letters as you flipped through the packet. You were pretty sure you read the same paragraph five times.

"Fuck," you groaned, head falling back onto your chair.

"You okay?"

"Oh, hi Tubbo." You lifted yourself back up with great effort. "Sorry, work is kicking my ass right now."

"Well, uh, me and Niki and Eret wanted to go do something. Did you wanna come?"

"Uh..." You glanced down at the unappealing pages. "Sure. I could use a break."

"Alright, c'mon!"

Tubbo grabbed your hand and pulled you out of your seat. You found yourself stumbling after him, almost tripping over several things. It was a few minutes of running, but eventually you ended up at a large field that was speckled with flowers and spanned over a huge area.

"When did you find this?"

Tubbo sat on the ground, almost deflating as he put his hands behind him. "A few days ago. I was off and went exploring."

"Nice place." Your e/c eyes traveled across the horizon, almost not hearing Niki and Eret enter from behind you.

"Hi!" Niki called.

"Hello!" Eret greeted.

"S'up," you responded. "Tubbo still hasn't told me what's happening, so, uh..."

"Oh! Yeah!" Tubbo perked up. "We're making flower crowns."

"I- what?"

"Here!" Niki tugged at your arm, dragging you down into a seated position. "I'll show you how!"

And, with a quick inhale, Niki began rattling off instructions. She skillfully weaved the colorful plants together while you were unsure what to do.

"So then, you- oh, did you need help?"

A quick look to you was all she needed. With gentle hands, she grabbed your own and pulled the stems together.

"Here, it's pretty simple. All you have to do is..."

Niki guided you to braid the stems and make them into a circular shape. Soon after, Eret came to help, muttering something about color palettes and clashing shades.

With the pair's help, you finished the accessory with surprising speed. Eret plopped it onto your head and pulled you up.

"Oh my gosh, it looks amazing!" Niki gushed. "Wait. Hold on. I have the perfect thing, hold on, Y/n you have to try this on."

"Huh- holy shit, slow down!"

You felt like a ragdoll with all the pushing and pulling you'd gone through today. You arrived at Niki's house out of breath, and she quickly took you into her room.

"Straight male fashion is so boring," Niki tutted. "It's just been suits and ties for ages. I bought this dress a while back, but it was way off my size and the store didn't accept returns. It'll fit you perfectly, though!"

She pushed a long garment and pair of shoes into your hands and got out for you to change. You looked at it with slight apprehensiveness, but regardless threw it on.

You tentatively opened the door.

"Girl, you look amazing!"

"What."

Your arms moved to cover your chest self-consciously. "Did you really have to choose this?"

The dress was a f/c one, with short sleeves, a floor-length skirt, and a neckline that dipped far too low for your liking. Glittering strawberries decorated the tulle-heavy gown with splashes of red and green.

"Nonsense. You wear it perfectly!" Eret, who'd entered the house a few minutes earlier, squealed. "Why don't you dress up more often, honestly?"

"Never really had the time," you murmured, pulling the hem of the skirt up to examine the short black boots you'd been given.

With four-inch heels, to your chagrin.

"How do you - fuck - walk in these every day? I don't get it."

"Practice," Eret answered, flopping onto the bed. "It gets easier with time."

"Wow, you have a lot of cool stuff," Tubbo commented from his spot looking at Niki's desk, stacked full with trinkets. "When did you get all of this?"

"Bits and pieces here and there," Niki said. "Just a hobby of mine."

You smiled and chatted a bit more with your motley group of friends, finally able to relax for the first time in ages.

Everything would end up okay, right?

Right?

-----

1076 words (without a/n)

Header by @/Seina draws on YouTube

Yo yo yo! I finished this chapter about 30 seconds ago and the flow of it is really messy, but, oh well! Have you gotten enough sleep lately? If not, go to sleep -'д'-.

If you liked this chapter, drop a vote, and I'll be waiting for you in the next one! Love you all!

-Partially Human