𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟶

"You're awake! Oh, thank Prime."

Your eyes fluttered open to see Niki's concerned face.

"Gosh, I was so scared that was your last life," she rambled. "I was able to patch up most of the wounds, but you, um... you might want to see for yourself."

Niki helped you up, quickly supporting your back when you winced heavily. She guided you to the bathroom with a gentle hand.

"There's a clean change of clothes in there," she informed, "I, uh, didn't think you'd be comfortable with me changing you."

"The mark is on your left shoulder." Niki left to let you examine it closer. You removed your shirt and turned, gasping slightly.

A huge, red scar covered your shoulder, reaching onto your back and spreading out in small branches. You gently traced over the edges, cringing when the pain hit.

With a long sigh, you changed into the loose tee and cargo pants you'd been given. You then met back up with Niki, who was placing plates of pancakes down on the table. She grinned, gesturing for you to take a seat.

"Your bag is also here, by the way. I figured you wouldn't want to leave it."

"I can't remember the last time I properly cooked a meal for myself," you smiled, cutting up your pancakes. "Thanks, Niki."

Her expression turned slightly bittersweet as she sat down with you.

"Today's the day that I leave for Pogtopia," she said quietly. "I asked Wilbur for the coordinates after the festival, and I've packed up everything I should need."

"Oh." The room was quiet save for the sounds of silverware clinking against plates.

Suddenly, Niki paused and looked at you. "Come with me," she urged. "I mean- there's barely anything left to stay for. Tubbo's probably already there, Fundy and Quackity shouldn't be far behind. And I'm sure they'd all want you there."

"I'm not- I'm not sure."

"Why not?"

You were silent for a while, trying to think of an answer yourself. Niki's face suddenly turned knowing.

"You think there's still hope left, don't you?" she said softly. "For Schlatt."

"I hate that I do." You bit your lip. "All proper logic tells me that I shouldn't think that way, but- but- I just- fuck."

The blonde girl gave you a comforting hug.

"Your feelings aren't something that you can control," she told you. "Neither are your emotions. But you can do your best not to listen to them. It's your own heart, but there's other people you have to think about."

Niki had a thoughtful look in her eye as she talked, but she blinked and quickly turned her attention fully on you.

"So, from one girl to another, go confront that ram-horned idiot and tell him you don't need him at all!" she pronounced, shaking you by the shoulders.

"Yeah, ok," you nodded, energy rising. "Okay."

"You don't need him!"

"I don't!"

"Go tell him!"

"I will!" you shouted excitedly, "Thanks Niki!"

"No problem!" she yelled after you, waving as you went out of the door.

In your high-energy state, it took you less than ten minutes to run to the White House. You slammed the door of Schlatt's office open with a loud bang and borderline psychopathic grin. "We need to talk, motherfucker."