𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟺 - 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

pre chapter note: i listened to alphabet boy by melanie martinez while writing the second half of this chapter - i recommend you do too :D

pre chapter note #2: this is a continuation of chapter 43, in case you were confused!

-----

Recovering was slow.

For a month or two, your house seemed to have a perpetual flow of visitors. It took a hefty amount of convincing to be able to live on your own.

The most common were Tommy and Tubbo. They, after all, knew first-hand what Dream could do to a person. You appreciated Tommy's attempts to tone down his yelling, but it always came through every so often. Tubbo would typically be the one to apologetically hand you a handmade gift and a jar of honey.

Sometimes joining them was their friend named Ranboo, as he politely introduced himself. He tended to come over at night, both of you comforting the other in moments of shaking hands and teary eyes.

Niki -  sporting a new peachy pink hair color - gave you a basket of baked goods every week, kindly refusing your offers to pay her back. "Having you back is payment enough," she had told you one day.

Fundy and Eret would visit you as well, updating you on whatever news came up in the SMP, occasionally bringing small laughs with their retelling of the story. The latest coming from them was Eret's unofficial adoption of the fox-eared man.

Karl, Alex, and Sapnap dropped by every so often. They had seemed to have reconciled with each other following the war. A rare smile grew on your face when they showed you the matching rings glittering on each of their fingers.

People coming over was good once in a while, but it soon became a bit bothersome. It was nice to finally have the motivation to exit your home.

Even so, leaving your house tended to be just for an errand or check-in with friends - well, "meet us here OR ELSE" as Tommy had phrased it. Never more than a town or two over.

The first long journey you'd taken was a... quite controversial one among your friends.

"You're visiting him?" Tubbo asked, concern lacing his voice. "I- you don't want to do that. You really don't want to do that."

"I'm sorry, but I guess-" you cut yourself off briefly. "I guess it's like closure. I just need closure."

"Tubbo's right." Tommy leaned against the wall of your room, arms crossed. "I died when I went."

"I know, but-"

Tommy interrupted you. "You're not going to get closure from him. He's not going to help you."

"No, I just-"

"It's a bad idea-"

"I think she should go."

The conversation ceased. All three of your heads turned towards the speaker.

"W-well, I mean, if- if she wants to-" Ranboo stuttered out- "As long as she's careful. As long as you're careful."

You gave him a grateful nod. "Yeah."

Tubbo twisted the ring on his hand, face twisted in dilemma. Tommy huffed and rolled his eyes.

"Sure," Tubbo said. "Like Ranboo said, as long as you're careful."

"I'm not okay with it, but I can't stop you, can I?" Tommy grumbled.

And so here you were, blackstone walls behind you and iron door opening in front of you.

Sam was good at redstone, you vaguely remembered, seeing his skill in the hallway's raising floor and the levers placed neatly around the area.