𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻

It had been a few hours since Eret left, you guessed, based on the dimming light seeping in through the small crack in the door. Your previous anger at him had dissipated, and was replaced by a sense of exhaustion.

You watched silently as the door opened with a slight creak and a blonde holding a tray stepped through.

He nodded towards the two guards stationed at the door and set the wooden tray on the floor. Huh. They're new.

You glanced at the tray that carried a bowl of broth and cup of water, realizing it had been several days since you'd last eaten. Strangely, you weren't hungry at all.

"It's in your best interest not to try and escape," Dream said in a smooth voice. "There are guards stationed here around the clock, and more by the gates."

"And you're reminding me this... why?" you quipped, leaning back in your chair and trying to get into a comfortable position.

He offered no response, instead circling behind you and cutting through the ropes on your wrists.

"Dream, what do you even want from me?" you questioned, as he did the same to the ropes wrapped around your ankles.

"One week," he told you.

"One week?" you echoed, confused.

"Following the explosion, your dear president contacted me and asked to meet in one week. For a negotiation of sorts. You're there in case anything goes wrong. After all, L'manberg would do anything for your life... right?" Dream said with a smirk.

"I'm one person," you countered, stretching out your wrists and wincing slightly when it stung. "The revolution is more than one person."

"I'm sure your friends would beg to differ." The tall male adjusted his mask with a fair-skinned hand. "Regardless, you should eat. Can't have you starving to death, now can we?"

You rolled your eyes, regardless picking up the tray and bringing it back to your chair. As you drank the savory soup, you felt his eyes on you but decided against mentioning it.

A long silence followed before he spoke. "Where are you from?"

You stared at him. "What?"

"It's a question. Where are you from? I've never seen you with Wilbur and his crew until around half a year ago, so you must have joined them then."

"Uh," you tensed slightly. "I don't... come from anywhere in specific."

Dream inclined his head slightly, prompting you to elaborate. You sighed.

"It's a long story. Very few know, I'd rather nobody else does."

"Fair. How did you come to know Wilbur?"

"I did him a favor while I was out one night. He offered for me to join him and his friends, I accepted. How did you meet George and Sapnap?"

"Childhood friends of mine. They helped me a lot back in the old days. Where did you learn to fight?"

"My mother taught me basic hand-to-hand, but I learned to fight with swords and axes on my own."

You heard Dream gasp slightly and held in a laugh. "What?"

"For someone self-taught, you're pretty good."

"Thanks," you said dryly. "Why d'you wear the mask?"

"Personal reasons." Dream's calm and collected tone wavered for the first time. "Like yourself, very few know and I'd prefer to keep it that way."

"That's reasonable. Do you have any family, and do they live here?"

"Two sisters, one brother, and my mother. I live on my own, though, after becoming king. You?"

"I left my parent's home a while back, no siblings that I know of."

"What's your favorite color?"

"F/c. I'm taking a wild guess here that yours is lime."

"Why are you so calm?"

"I'm sorry?"

"For someone that essentially just got kidnapped, I'd expect you to fight a lot more than you are."

"Well, the position I'm in now doesn't concern my friend's safety, and judging by your actions thus far it doesn't concern mine either."

Dream observed your expressionless face for a few moments. He then turned on his heel and left the room, shutting the door behind him.

Having finished the small meal he had provided you, you set the tray back on the floor and sat back into your chair.

What does Dream need to hide under that mask? Why take me, and not Wilbur or someone? What's going to happen at the negotiation? Thousands of thoughts swirled around in your head as you fell into a restless sleep.

On the other side of the door, Dream gestured for the guards to lock the door, and briskly strode back to the meeting room. George, Sapnap, Eret and Punz were in lighthearted conversation and acknowledged Dream as he came in.

He took his seat at the head of the table and nodded in greeting to the four males. They returned the gesture.

"How's the girl?" Sapnap asked, leaning leisurely back in his chair.

"Weirdly relaxed about the whole occasion," Dream replied. "She's ok at the moment."

"Yeah, that's kind of her personality," Eret commented. "She doesn't care about most things, but the people she's closest to she'd die for."

"So, what's up with her past?" Dream asked the brunette. "She closed off the moment I asked her where she was from."

"I know about as much as you do," Eret sighed. "One morning, Wilbur came back with her in tow, told us she saved him from a skeleton, and then she started living with us."

"She's never told you anything about where she came from?" George said skeptically, his distinctive white-rimmed glasses on the table in front of him.

"No, not really," Eret responded. "Wilbur might know a little, but she's always been secretive about her past. She barely even interacted with us when we first met her."

"I wonder why," Dream mused out loud. If he was being honest, you had caught his eye the moment you encountered each other at the walls. The conversation you two had a few minutes ago only increased his interest.

He hoped he wouldn't have to do anything to you.

-----

1000 words (not including a/n)

Header by @/prettyinaccurate on Tumblr, edited by me using Google Drawings

PSA: You all are amazing, wonderful people regardless of your race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender, body type, disabilities, appearance, etc. and I WILL THROW HANDS with anyone who tells you otherwise.

See you all soon! <3

-Partially Human