𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷

Your fingertips ghosted across your old L'manberg outfit, the memories that you'd made with it playing through your head. When times were simpler, when it was just a band of misfits doing whatever came to mind.

In the days following Schlatt's becoming president, he had completely changed L'man-

Manberg. Or so he called it.

The name left a bitter taste in your mouth, your expression turning resentful as you pulled out a suit instead of the past uniform. It matched the other members of the new cabinet, black with a white undershirt. Your f/c tie was the only unique thing about your outfit.

It was a few days into the Schlatt Administration, and already the country had been flipped on its head. Schlatt was preparing his second speech, and he expected you and the rest of the cabinet to be present.

When you arrived at the stage, Schlatt and George were already there. That led to an awkward silence as you waited for Fundy, Tubbo, and Quackity to show up.

Luckily, Tubbo was the next one there. The two of you made conversation as you waited for Schlatt to begin speaking. Soon enough, the ram hybrid stepped up to the microphone and cleared his throat.

"The sun rises over another beautiful day in our country," he announced. "The sun rises over another chapter in our country's textbook, the next page of the textbook children will be reading."

He surveyed the crowd that had gathered below him with a proud smirk. "I reckon our nation needs to expand. I reckon we've done our country a great disservice. I reckon... we take down the walls."

Immediately, protests erupted from both the stage and the audience.

"No!" Niki cried, several others saying similar things.

"You have no right to do that!" Eret - wait, Eret? - exclaimed.

"I don't- I don't know if that's a good idea, Schlatt," Tubbo stuttered, looking frantically at you. You, meanwhile, opened and closed your mouth as you grasped at words to say.

"Schlatt." The person in question turned towards you. "These walls... They're what our country was built on. They represent our safety. You're not going to take them away."

Schlatt grinned. "Oh, but why should I not if I can?"

Quackity, Fundy, and George cheered in the background as Schlatt continued to speak. "Effective immediately! All capable citizens of L'manberg are required to help tear down the walls of this country."

"You have no right to do that!" Niki exclaimed, Eret holding her back as she jumped up from her seat and lunged forward.

"Thus ends the second presidential speech." Schlatt's scarlet red eyes held a dangerous glint in them. "Let's get going."

Pickaxes were thrust into peoples' hands, soldiers shoving them towards the black and yellow barriers that had stood for so long. Your shocked expression soon melted into anger as you turned to Schlatt and pushed a finger into his chest.

"You cannot do this," you declared. "I refuse."

"I'm your president, Y/n. I suggest you get used to it." Schlatt's tone darkened as he took a step closer to you.

You scoffed. "You are not my president. You might have been voted for, but there is no power behind empty titles."

Schlatt grabbed your arm as you were storming away. You turned on him, ready to slap him across the face, when he leaned right next to your ear.

"But you wouldn't want anything to happen to your Tubbo, would you?" he whispered lowly. "Or Niki?"

A gasp escaped you subconsciously, and you glared at Schlatt with a fury you didn't think possible.