𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟺

One week remained. One week left until wartime.

Since the announcement of battle, Wilbur organized shifts for every citizen to work in, whether mining, farming, recruiting, or the various other odd jobs to prepare.

Of course, while it was all necessary, you'd gotten a combined total of twenty, maybe twenty-four hours of sleep over the last ten-ish days. And you needed to shake off the stress somehow.

"Tubbo? Tommy?"

The two teens slowly woke from their sleep, eyes squinting and trying to blink out the tiredness.

"Bitch. What. Are. You. Doing?" Tommy said, interrupted between words by yawns.

"Y/n, it's like, three in the morning," Tubbo spoke confusedly. "What are we up for?"

You awkwardly folded your hands together. "You two want to go start a fire?"

Pause.

"Hell yeah!" Tommy shouted. Tubbo shushed him, and Tommy continued speaking in a whisper. "You're finally getting it!"

"What?"

"Why crime is so fun!"

"I- okay. Sure. Anyways, c'mon."

You held a matchbox in one hand, forgoing your satchel of items for a significantly lighter sword and sheath. The other one clenched tightly as you traversed the nearly pitch-black forest.

I'm going to regret this. I'm going to regret this. I'm going to regret this I'm going to regret this I'm going to regret-

"Oi, woman! We're here."

"Yes, I can see," you chuckled, striking a match and letting the fire dimly illuminate your surroundings.

"Let's burn it down!"

The brunette's excited statement made you stop slightly in your tracks, suddenly grounding you. What the hell were you doing?

"Wait, wait, would this not be- uh- bad? Morally wrong? Inherently so? I mean-" Tommy waved a hand in front of your face.

"You only live once," he interrupted. "I say we make the most of it."

You stared at the horizon thoughtfully for a few seconds, before throwing the match onto the nearest tree.

"FUCK YEAH!" Tommy screamed at the top of his lungs.

"WOOHOO!" Tubbo echoed, punching the air.

"Yeah," you said, nodding slowly. A grin grew on your face, stretching it out. "Yeah, woo!"

"FUCK YOU MANBERG!" Tommy added, "FUCK YOU!"

You got into the mood. "YEAH! FUCK YOU, DREAM! FUCK YOU, SCHLATT!"

The three of you shouted out curses into the dead of night, glee filling your voice in a way that hadn't for ages. Not since Manberg. Not since war. But, because you burned down a forest, it did today.

A sudden yell pierced the darkness. "Rebels! Find them!"

You glanced at Tubbo and Tommy. "Shit. Let's get out of here," you said urgently, grabbing both of their hands and fleeing.

You were a quite mismatched group, each person shouting in adrenaline as they ran. As soon as Pogtopia came within sight, a laugh of relief escaped your lips.

"That was amazing," you breathed in exhilaration.

"Yeah it was," Tubbo agreed.

"Let's not tell anyone about this?"