𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

You smiled softly as you remembered how you first met your closest friends. Your only friends, actually.

The crescent moon was high in the sky as you rode Mist down the familiar wooden path back to the hto dog van, where you and the group were having a night to relax and talk. You had on a casual outfit; a loose f/c t-shirt with a notched neckline and black leggings.

"Y/n! Finally, hurry up!" The voice of Tubbo called, while Eret and Fundy were busy getting the campfire ready. Wilbur and Tommy were chatting, while the former was tuning his guitar.

You urged Mist into a gallop, a grin tugging at the corners of your lips. A blazing fire had been lit, and Tubbo pulled out the marshmallows and sticks.

Before Tubbo could start handing out the items, Tommy stole one and stuck a marshmallow on it.

"Hey - Tommy, manners," you said jokingly, thanking Tubbo as he handed you one. Tommy rolled his eyes and started roasting it over the fire.

"What were you all up to today?" you asked, letting your marshmallow get to that perfect golden-brown on the edges.

"I found a bunch of bees and they were so cute! So I tried to make a bee farm, but then one of them stung me. It kind of hurt but it was fine, so I kept making the bee farm and didn't get any more stings. Bees, oh my god I love bees. I should show you the farm later, I spent hours on it. You'll love it," Tubbo rambled. You smiled and nodded slightly.

"That sounds great, Tubbo," you said. "Wilbur, how are your songs going?"

"I'm almost done writing the one I played you yesterday," the brunette replied, testing out a few chords on his guitar.

"Oh, can we hear?" you asked. Wilbur nodded, and quickly strummed out the starting chord. You sat up slightly and listened in.

"Wasting time,
You're wasting mine,
Hate to see you leaving,
A fate worse than dying"

"Your city gave me asthma,
That's why I'm fucking leaving,
Your water gave me cancer,
The pavement hurt my feelings"

You bobbed your head to the soft strums of the guitar, your e/c eyes gradually closing. The melodic tones of the guitar mixed with the crackling fire were very sleep-inducing.

"Shout at the wall,
Cause the walls don't fucking love you
Shout at the wall,
Cause the walls don't fucking love you"

"There's a reason
London puts barriers on the tube line
There's a reason
London puts barriers on the rails"

You sang along to the lyrics, harmonizing effortlessly. Wilbur smiled at the sound of your voice. It was quiet and angelic.

"There's a reason
London puts barriers on the tube line
There's a reason
London puts barriers on the rails"

"There's a reason
London puts barriers on the tube line

There's a reason
They fail"

Wilbur put down the guitar, and you playfully gave him a standing ovation.

"That was really good!" you complimented, genuinely this time. Wilbur blushed lightly, muttering out a thank you, and Tommy smirked knowingly behind your back. Suddenly, you shot up.

"Shoot! I have to go grab something from my house. I'll be back as quick as possible," you apologized, exiting your seat on the ground and gracefully mounting Mist. Wilbur watched you quietly as you rode off to your house.

He had it for you. Bad. He loved how your e/c eyes twinkled when you listened to someone talking. How beautiful your voice sounded when you spoke or sang. How elegantly you could use a weapon, whether to slay a mob or practice with another person. How when your h/c hair blew in your face, you would make an adorably frustrated face and tuck it behind your ear.

"Just tell her, Wilbur," Tommy said once you were out of earshot. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"She could say no!" Wilbur shot back, burying his face in his hands. "She probably doesn't even like me back."

"She definitely does," Fundy spoke up. "She always asks to hear your songs, and she literally blushes when she hears your name."

"That doesn't mean she likes me," Wilbur said, frustrated. "She's like that. She's just nice to everyone."

"Oh my god, you're so oblivious," Tommy groaned. "She literally stares at you every single time you walk past."

The boys bickered for several more minutes until Wilbur noticed you atop Mist with your satchel draped over your shoulder. He waved you over, telling the others you were back.

"Ok, what do you guys want to do now?" you asked, pulling out a variety of objects from your bag. "We can tell spooky stories, or play tag, or..."

"Oooh, we should do stories!" Tubbo declared. "I have a super good one!"

You nodded in acknowledgement, leaning back and putting your hands against the soft ground.

----- TIME SKIP -----

It was late in the night, or maybe the early morning. Last you checked, it was a little before midnight. It was just you and Wilbur, sitting together in front of the dying fire. One of his hands held you close to him as the other toyed with a strand of your hair. Tommy and Tubbo had already gone to sleep, and Fundy and Eret had left around half an hour ago to do the same.

Your eyelids felt heavy, and you struggled to keep them open as you leaned your head against his shoulder. Wilbur noticed how tired you were and smiled.

"Let's get you home," he said, gently lifting you up and onto Mist. He nudged the white and grey horse into a trot, guiding her back to your house. It was a small wooden cabin at the edge of the forest, with a backyard holding several pets that you had.

He dismounted Mist and picked you up bridal style, opening the door and gently setting you down on your bed.

"I love you," he said softly, before shaking his head at himself and leaving the house. In your half-asleep state, you couldn't make out what he said.

If only he knew you loved him back.

-----

1007 words (not including a/n)

Header by Courtnie Tosana on unsplash.com

Firstly, wow. Two parts in, and this book is on its way to 200 views? Thanks to everyone that chose to check this out!

Secondly, am I attempting weekly updates? Yes. Am I probably going to fail at it? Yes. Regardless, here's an update! Hope you like the chapter, and I'll see you in the next one!

-Partially Human