𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟹

"November sixteenth?"

"From today, that's under two weeks!"

"They're trying to throw us off, they have to be!"

The Pogtopians' shocked reactions were much like your own when Tommy had told you. Your fingers tapped against your legs as you listened to the conversation.

"I know," Tommy sighed, "but Dream, he just told me that Schlatt wanted this done as soon as possible."

"Wait, Dream?" Niki questioned. "Wil told me you two were working together."

"Well, uh, yeah, but... Dream kinda turned on us."

The shock in the group turned to anger. You, you were slightly confused by the statement. You'd never been told that Dream was working with them.

"Dream?" you whispered to Wilbur, leaning closer to him.

"He'd given us materials, short while after exile," he responded under his breath. "And me... a favor."

The discussion quieted down as someone cleared their throat awkwardly.

"Well, anyways, we have to get ready," Techno stated. "I know everyone's been working as much as they can, but we need to get better armor. Hopefully full or partial netherite for everyone."

"Also, getting as many new people as we can provide for," you piped up.

"But- uh- there's another thing," Tommy said.

"What?" Tubbo asked.

Tommy hesitated for a while, debating on whether to tell the group. But finally, he spoke. "Dream said there was a traitor among us."

Immediately, loud discussion erupted.

"He what?"

"No way that's true, he's got to be bluffing!"

"If anyone, it's gotta be Fundy. He burned the flag!"

"What the hell? No way! What about Quackity?"

"Me? You've never seen how shitty Schlatt was behind closed doors."

"But we don't know-"

"We're not going to get anywhere by arguing," you interrupted, voice raising slightly to silence the argument. "We have to understand that we work better together than apart. And hope that the traitor realizes what they're doing."

"It could be you, though, Y/n."

You turned to Tubbo, expression disbelieving. "What?"

"Well, I- I mean-" Tubbo stuttered, "Schlatt's never treated you like he did the rest of us."

"Yeah, I never knew why but..." Alex added on, voice trailing off.

You stared at him. "How would I?"

"You've never told me about that," Niki spoke up softly.

Everyone's eyes turned onto you. You scoffed slightly, rolling your eyes. "You're really going to turn on me that quick. Okay. Sure."

Alex defended himself. "Well, I mean, you're the most probable choice."

"Honestly, she's one of the least likely people here." Techno?

"Think about it. She tried everything to not have to deal with Schlatt, she spent ages trying to avoid him, not to mention she died with Tubbo because of Schlatt." Techno crossed his arms in his seat. "Call me crazy - well, I probably am, but that's beside the point - but I don't think that would lead her to giving you up. Or anyone here."

Wilbur sighed.

"Well, as far as I know, there's no purpose continuing this meeting," he declared. "We'll be working as much as we can. Everyone should be getting more people or getting more materials. Meeting adjourned."

Everyone slowly stood up, exiting their seats and going back to either work or rest. You stayed behind for a few seconds.

"Thanks," you murmured to Techno.

He nodded at you. "Those who haven't hurt me don't deserve to be hurt."

-----

"Didn't expect to see you so soon. Then again, you're always full of surprises, aren't you?"

You turned to face the masked man, a slight glare playing across your features. "The compliment is appreciated, but your presence is not."

"And here I thought you missed me." Dream sighed in faked sadness.

Dream tilted his head as you felt for your axe, pulled the weapon out and holding it loosely by your side.

"So. If we're not here for a good old reunion, what for?" he questioned.

"Well, I wasn't exactly planning to meet anyone today."

You quickly analyzed the situation. Making a run for it would be useless, he'd probably be faster than you and that would bring him straight to Pogtopia. In close combat, you had the disadvantage, but in a far-range battle...

That's it. You quickly fled, boots clacking against the cobbled road. Dream laughed, and you distinctly heard the sound of a nocked bow.

"Scared?" Dream taunted, an arrow flying past your cheek.

"No, just smarter than you," you yelled back.

He let out a ridiculously exaggerated cry of grief. "I'm deeply offended."

"Well, I'm sorry, 'Your Majesty'." You not-so-gracefully hiked yourself up onto a tree. "If I had a diamond for every time I've escaped a masked individual by climbing through a forest, I'd have two diamonds. Not a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice."

"Escape might not be the right word," Dream said lowly, swinging onto the tree with admittedly more grace than you. "Let's have a long overdue talk."

"What is there to talk about? You pretended to be on Pogtopia's side, switched up on them, and now I'd probably kill you if I wasn't running for my life right now."

"I didn't 'switch up' on them. They were a means to an end that I wanted to achieve."

"Either way, you can't go and turn on someone like that. It's just wrong."

"Who says it is?"

"Morals? Or are you beyond the point of having any?"

The cocky front Dream put up disappeared. He seemed almost... saddened by your remark.

"I'm not as bad as you make me out to be," he defended.

"Really?" you replied, raising your eyebrows. "Because you sure haven't done anything to prove me wrong."

Dream was quiet after that, words coming to the tip of his tongue but dissolving before they could be spoken out loud.

"Hey!" someone said, interrupting the tense silence. Your head whipped around to see George and Sapnap, both of them clearly seeing you two. Shit.

"Gotta go now," you said, two fingers raising up in mock salute. "Seeya soon."

And thus you were gone.

"Dream, what was that?" George asked, as Dream descended down to them. "You had such an easy shot, you could've just gone then!"

The tall male glanced back at your retreating figure. "Maybe it was, but I have a feeling there'll be other uses for her."

-----

1022 words (without a/n)

Header by @/enceladia7 on Tumblr

nobody talk about how late i'm uploading this ;-;

whether today's a good, okay, or bad day for you, i hope it'll get better! if you liked the chapter, vote and/or comment and follow :] seeya in the next chapter, or maybe sooner!

-Partially Human