𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹

"How much wood did you need, again?"

"Only about a stack."

"Oh shit, I got two. Uh, okay, you're going to have a lot of extra wood, Tubbo."

"That's fine, I'll probably use that extra anyways. Thanks, Y/n. See you soon!"

You heard the short click signaling that Tubbo had left the call and stuffed the last piece of wood into your bag and snapped it shut. You used your hand to sweep off a few forming beads of sweat and wiped it on your pant leg.

Your bag, stuffed full with logs, felt a hundred pounds when hoisted over your shoulder. The sudden crunch of leaves sent you spinning around and backing up several steps.

"Who's there?" you questioned carefully.

Silence. Then a crash. Then a figure in front of you, brandishing an axe. Then the axe inches away from your neck.

"Gotta admit, you're quite receptive," the figure spoke. "But not enough."

You kicked them off of you, flailing for your own axe and swinging it towards them.

"You're quite bad at first impressions," you quipped as the stranger blocked your hit, "did you know that?"

They grinned slightly before slicing at your lower leg, though you moved away before it hit you. "True. Then again, I don't really care for social interaction."

"Relatable. I think we'd be friends if you weren't, you know, trying to kill me." You sidestepped another one of their hits and went behind them.

"Well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Your name, perchance?" He flipped around and dodged your axe centimeters away from his torso.

"Forward of you, isn't it?"

"Well, I already know your name, but I'd prefer a proper introduction."

"Oh, I'm famous." You aimed a slice at the man. It missed its original target, but still made contact and you heard a hiss from him. "Nice."

"Well, you're part of the government. Not a fan of it, but keep your friends close and enemies closer, right?"

"Sun Tzu? Good taste."

"Someone of culture, I see. Well-" the male shoved you off of him and up to a tree with a grunt, "As much as I enjoy pretending to try, it gets quite annoying past a certain point."

Your breaths were quick and anxious as he raised an axe to your throat. "Cry about it." You kicked him off and quickly climbed out of reach of him. He let out a chuckle.

"You know, I still haven't gotten your name," you called, carefully scaling the tree and getting on top of it.

"Right, introductions. Kind of overrated. I'm Techno, though."

"Y/n, but you already know that, right?"

"Indeed."

"M'kay. Cool. See you around." With that, you left atop the trees. Techno watched you leave with two raised eyebrows.

Strangest conversation I've ever had? Probably not, he thought to himself. Last one with her? Definitely not.

-----

You forgot how cold the day could get so quickly.

The fall wind chilled through your bones and you shivered slightly. You wrapped your arms around your waist, speeding up your current walking speed.

On the way back, you received a message from Tubbo. You quickly opened it up.

<Tubbo_> can you come to my house?
<Tubbo_> it will be quick i promyis
<Tubbo_> *promiss
<Tubbo_> fuck
<y/u> i'll be there soon
<y/u> it's promise, by the way :]

You shut off the communicator and tucked it into your pocket. With a sigh, you turned towards Tubbo and Tommy's - Tubbo's house.

Tommy hadn't stayed in there since the election.

You blinked out of your sudden space out, suddenly at the door. You knocked gently on it. Soon enough, Tubbo came into the doorway. You raised your eyebrows at his new outfit - a pair of jeans and a green hoodie with the hood pulled down.

"Nice jacket," you commented. "What did you want me over here for?"

"Oh, uh... just come in-inside for a second?" he responded, stuttering slightly.

You nodded curiously. Tubbo guided you into his bedroom, and you noted the closed curtains and lit candle in their place.

"So... what I was talking about." Tubbo exhaled softly.

He was silent. You waited patiently for him to continue.

It took a long time until he spoke again. "I- uh- y'know what, nevermind. Sorry for dragging you over here. It's not important anyways." Tubbo rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

"Hey." You brought your hand to cup his cheek lightly. "Whatever's on your mind. You can tell me."

Tubbo swallowed, tapping his fingers rapidly against his leg. "It's not what's on my mind. But, what's on my- my-"

He shifted the hood on his head off.

Under it was a pair of still-growing ram horns.

Your mouth opened slightly, words unable to form. The single one that did was, "When?"

"A week or so."

You cautiously raised your hand up to the horns, fingers gently stroking across them when Tubbo didn't withdraw. They had an uneven surface, the tips blunt and rough.

"They're..." You trailed off.

"I don't know where they came from and I've no idea who my actual parents are since I'm adopted and all and I'm scared that one of them is Schlatt because of the horns and that would be just awful and I- I-"

Tubbo started to choke on his breath, and you were quick to grip his hands tightly.

"Tubbo. Tubbo. You're fine. It will be fine," you spoke, rubbing small circles on the inside of his wrist. "Take a deep breath with me, okay? Here, follow my lead. In for one, two, three, and four. Hold for one, two, three, four, five. And out for one, two, three, four, five, six."

The room was quiet, save for your steady breathing and Tubbo's shaky one.

"Let's do that again, okay? Do it with me." You counted once again, and Tubbo began to calm down. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I- I think so," Tubbo answered. "I'm just worried that I'll- I'll end up looking like- like him. Like Schlatt."

He looked down, suddenly shameful. You weren't sure what to say.

"Well, if I'm any opinion, I think they look lovely."

Tubbo looked up at you, a hopeful look on his face.. "You do?"

"Of course I do. And remember. It's not the looks that define a person, Tubbo." You gave him a tender pat on the head. "It's the person themself."

-----

1030 words (without a/n)

Header by @/goopy-axolotl on Tumblr

haha not me forgetting to upload two days ago no siree not at all

Anyways, here's a chaotic chapter with no one mood because Tubbo with horns is canon :D Next week's chapter will (hopefully) come out on Friday. I have many ideas floating around in my head, so stay tuned for more! Love you all :]]]

-Partially Human