𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟿

"Niki! Hi!"

"Y/n! You look great today!" The blonde girl gave you a small but warm smile, tucking her shoulder-length hair behind her ears.

"Yeah, I don't know about that," you laughed, tugging the sleeves of your suit down. The normal black suit you had was traded for a waistcoat in a dark hue to compliment your tie, the white undershirt staying. "You look much better."

Her own outfit, a cream-colored crewneck under a bleached pair of overalls, hung loosely to give her a more laid-back look. One of the overalls' straps being unclipped added to the effect.

The two of you joined Tubbo on the way to the party, but unfortunately Niki had to help a friend of hers and rushed off shortly after arriving. Someone named Purpled, she mentioned? She'd told you that he would be at the festival today.

Alex and Schlatt were already at the podium, talking to each other with chuckles and boastful tones.

"Tubbo! Y/n!" the ram-horned male called carelessly, throwing his arms out and smirking. "Nice outfits! Mine looks a lot better, but they're alright."

He went into a long rant about the country's economy, at some point pulling out a bottle and taking a long swig. You sent a look towards Tubbo, and he returned it. The two of you were equally as desperate to get out of the conversation.

"Hey, Schlatt," you interrupted with a forced grin. "I just noticed a last-minute mistake in the coordinating of things. Mind if I grab Tubbo to figure it out?"

"Ah, sure." Schlatt waved you off. "Anyways, about the crime of having a flatty patty. I personally think that it should be considered the most offensive, after all-"

"Aaaaaand goodbye." You grabbed Tubbo's arm and near ran off.

You and Tubbo held light conversation while walking, eventually ending up at one of the minigames.

"Ok, so basically how this works, is you take a bow and try and hit the button from back here. That makes whoever's standing over there fall into the water. Oh, hey Ponk!" Tubbo gave the dark-skinned male a wave, handing you a bow and pointing to the button.

You angled the bow at the button, hitting it easily and soaking Ponk. You were going to go up and offer him assistance, but he hopped out and inexplicably dried his clothing in an instant.

"Don't question it," Tubbo whispered to you, leaning in. "He has some really odd experiments going on in Lemon City."

The activities continued for a while, before you heard a loud voice through the speakers.

"Would all the attendees kindly come to the stage? We've got a small speech by our Secretary of State before we officially begin our festivities."

Everyone gradually took their seats in the audience, and you picked out a few of the people you knew there: Punz, Sam, and Bad, along with Niki and Ponk who you'd already met. A purple-eyed person who you assumed to be - well, Purpled - was seated as well. Two people, who you vaguely recognized as Antfrost and Callahan, were also there, and Technoblade?

Huh.

"And without any further ado, now that we're all here," Schlatt announced, "My right-hand man and protege, Tubbo!"

Applause and acknowledgements came from the audience as Tubbo half-heartedly stepped up to the microphone.

"Ladies, gentlemen - and any of you who are neither - a wise man once told me that L'manberg was like a lettuce," he began. "There's so many layers of tasty goodness, and once you wash off all the caterpillars and worms on the surface, it's a damn good meal."