Chapter 12

"Katy! PHONE!" I screamed through the house as I saw her phone buzzing on the table. She wasn't answering. I thought maybe I should bring it to her but then I though maybe I could be helpful and answer it for her. She has been saying she is busy. I picked up the buzzing phone. The screen had a picture of a young, good looking man. The name said 'Asher'. I slid the answer button and answered the phone. "Um....hello?" I asked. "Hi. Is this Katy?" The man asked. His voice was young but not too deep or too high. "No sorry. This is Ava. I'm her daughter." I said. "Her daughter? Ava? Oh my god! Sweetie hey!" He said. Sweetie? Did he know me? At that moment Katy came in the kitchen. "Who is it babe?" She asked. "Some guy named...Asher?" I said. Her eyes got so big I thought they might pop. "OH MY GOD AVA GIVE ME THE PHONE! NOW!" She screamed as she ran over to me. I handed it over. "Asher. It's Katy. WHY THE HELL WERE YOU TALKING TO MY DAUGHTER?" She screamed as she ran out of the room. I wonder who Asher is.
I tiptoed and followed her to her room. I listened at the door. "Yeah well who is the one taking care if her?" Katy said. There was a pause. "Well I do love her! More than anything! And I'm not going to hurt her by introducing you into her life! She doesn't need that now!" Katy said. Who is he? "Well I don't want her to know that her father raped me and that is how she was made. I don't want her knowing you are a monster and I don't want you talking to me! Why do you keep calling me?" Katy asked. My father? Raped katy? Wait.....Asher. He is....my father?
I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I felt one roll down my cheek. Two. Three. Next thing I knew they were streaming down the sides of my face. This Asher guy was my father. And he RAPED katy. Raped my mom. Katy never told me that! I'm a rape baby. She probably thinks of him and being raped every time she sees me. I can't do that to her. I can't. It's been quiet for a few minutes, maybe she is off the phone. I was about to walk away when Katy opened the door to her room. When she saw me standing there crying her eyes got wide again. "Oh my god. Baby were you listening? How much did you hear?" She asked concerned as she put her hands behind her back. "Enough." I said as I ran to my room. And I had heard enough. Enough to know I can't stay.