Chapter 6

I woke up in a room. A big room. I didn't know where I was. I just started screaming. I heard running footsteps and a door opened and lights turned on. When I saw Katy Perry standing at my door it all came back to me. My mother dying. Me finding out Katy is my birth mom. Me living with Katy. "Baby are you okay?" She said as she ran to my bed. She put one hand on my cheek and she kissed the top of my head. "What's wrong?" She said "nothing I just...didn't know where I was." I said. "You hungry Avee?" She. Asked stroking my hair. "No not really." I said. "I'm never hungry so I don't usually eat." I added. "That's why you are so skinny." Katy said. "I'm anorexic." I told her "w...what? She said in disbelief. "C'mon. You are going to eat some breakfast. C'mon." She said as she picked me up and put me on the ground. She grabbed my hand and we walked downstairs together. "Katy I really am not hungry" I said. She let go of my hand and I got up on the bar stool and put my elbows on the bar. She kissed my forehead and said "you are going to eat something." She said. Her phone rang before she had a chance to ask me what I wanted. "Hello. Oh hey David! Yeah.....mhmm....mom wants....Angie and I to....come.....to dinner.....tonight? Um....." She looked at me. I nodded my head yes and gave her a thumbs up as a reassurance. "Sure. See you tonight! Love you! Bye!" She hung up and looked at me. If you don't eat breakfast you have to eat a little at lunch and you have to eat dinner. Ok?" She said "yes mommy." I said. She smiled and looked at her feet again. When she looked up I smiled at her. She ran to me and picked me up and squeezed me tightly to her body. I squeezed just as tight to her and started to cry. So did she. " I am so happy I have you back baby." She said in between sobs. "I'm so glad I'm with you mommy!" I said to her. She stroked my hair and then she put me down. I took off my jacket because I was getting hot and forgot I was wearing a tank top. After what I did I couldn't let Katy see them. It would make her think it was her fault even though I had been doing it for years now but it was to late. "Ava....." She said, staring at my arms. "Ava what the hell are those?" She grabbed my wrist just missing a new cut that was still fresh and sensitive. She looked all over my arms at the fresh cuts and the old scars. "Ava Rose what the HELL are these!!!?!!!?!" She said screaming and bawling at the same time. I pulled away from her, pulled my hoodie back over my head and ran upstairs. I heard Katy run after me but I locked the door. "AVEE BABY! LET ME IN! PLEASE AVEE! PLEASE BABY! LET ME HELP YOU! She screamed. She was banging at the door begging for me to let her in. I couldn't bear hearing her suffer but I didn't want to let her see anymore than she already had. I put a pillow over my head and climbed under the covers and drifted off to sleep.