Look What The Cat Dragged In

SHORT CHAPTER

[Katy's POV]

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god." I say as I pace around the room while holding my tummy. I occasionally look down and see a slight bump beginning to form.

"M-mommy....I'm sorry." Ava says. I stop and turn to look at her. She looks so torn. I force a smile and open my arms.

"C'mere babe." I say softly. She slams into me and almost knocks me over. I hold her tight and stroke her hair. I kiss the top of her head and she looks at me.

"I'm sorry. Truly and genuinely." She says again. I grab her face in my hands and look her straight in the eyes.

"It is ok." I whisper. She gives a weak smile and kisses my nose. I smile and hug her. She walks out the door and my face drops again. I put my hands on my tiny baby bump and start to cry.

"I understand you...we see eye to eye...like a double rainbow...in the sky..." I start to sing Double Rainbow. I don't know exactly why I choose that song but I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I'm double pregnant.

[Ava's POV]

I feel horrible. I feel absolutely horrible. I didn't mean to tell the big secret.

I run back to Katy's room.

She is singing double rainbow and folding laundry.

"MOM IM SO SO SO SORRY! I KNIW YOU SAID IT WAS OKAY BUT I FEEL LIKE ITS NOT AND I FEEL SO BAD AND IM SORRY THAT RUINED EVERYTHING!" I hug her and bury my head in her chest.

"It's okay baby. You didn't mean to. It's okay. I promise. Wanna sing with me?" She asks.

"S-sure." I say. I start to help her fold clothes.

"I understand you. We see eye to eye." Katy sings.

"Like a double rainbow. In the sky." I sing.

"Wherever you go. So will I....cause a double rainbow..."

"Is hard to find" We say at the same time.

At that instant the door bell rings. I run downstairs to open the door.

I open it.

"Look what the cat dragged in!" I say when I see who it is.