Chapter 34

"Mommy." I said to Katy. She was sitting on the couch reading something on her phone and I was making sandwiches in the kitchen.

"Mom." I said a little louder. She was still staring at her phone screen and scrolling vigorously down the page.

"KATY!" I screamed. She instantly sprang up and looked at me.

"Aves! Babe! Are you ok? What's wrong?" She says to me.

"I just want to know what you want on your sandwich!" I say.

"Cheese" she says. She gives me her little baby Katy smile. The one she does that makes her look like she's 5 years old.

"Mmkay. What are you even reading?" I ask her.

"Something about how I'm fat and I can't sing and I'm an ugly ass bitch!" She says. She looks at me for a few seconds then shrugs. And continues reading.

"Katy!? Why are you reading that?" I run to her and grab her phone.

EXCLUSIVE: KATY PERRY: FAT, UGLY, AND CANT SING TO SAVE HER LIFE.

I read the headline and scream, "WHO THE FUCK WROTE THIS? ITS NOT FUCKING TRUE!"

"It's really not a big deal. I mean...I DO eat Taco Bell a little too much...it's just..SO good!

"Katy. It's NOT true and I won't have these..these BASTARDS insulting MY mother like that!" I scream. I hand her her phone and run upstairs to grab mine. I dial Tamras number.

"Hello?" Tamra answers.

"Tamra? It's me, Ava. I'm gonna need your help with something." I say to her

[Katy's POV]

"Ava. Ava! AVA ROSE PERRY GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE RIGHT NOW BEFORE I FUCKING CALL THE POLICE TO PUT YOU ON HOUSE ARREST!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

"Katy. I'm not going to have them telling lies about you. Tamra and I are going to fix it." She says

"Aves. You CANT! It's part of being a celebrity. Part of everyone knowing who you are. Haters are going to hate but you just have to go with the flow babe. I know you just want to look out for me but baby..I need you to chill. You may get some hate to." I cup her cheeks in my hands and kiss her forehead, she smiles at me and then wraps her arms around my waist and hugs me.

"I love you mom." She says "I don't believe anything the stupid tabloids say."

"Katy! What is this about you being fat and ugly and how you can't sing? Who the fuck wrote this? It's not true! You can sing a lot better than LOTS of people!" Tamra screams as she bursts through the front door followed by her girlfriend Erika.

"T. Babe. Calm down." Erika says to Tamra.

"Calm down? CALM DOWN? SOMEONE IS TELLING BIG FAT UGLY LIES ABOUT MY FRIEND AND YOU ARE TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN? Fuck OFF Erika! Not right now please! I love you but I'm SUPER pissed! You know how I am when that happens! Tamra screams.

"Alright we'll I'm going to get some pizza. What do you want Ava? You to Kate baby." Erika says

"Pepperoni please." Ava says to her.

"Tam and I want cheese. EXTRA cheese!" I jump up and down.

"Katy...what did you have for lunch today?" Tam asks

"Chick-fil-a." I say

"What did you have for dinner last night?

"Taco Bell."

"What are you eating now?"

"Pizza."

"Katy you have a tour in like a week. You need to be working out and eating healthy, not all of this junk." Tam says,

"Please Tammy pleeeeeeeease?????" I beg.

"Ugh fine! But just today! After this we start cardio!" Tam says harshly but with love

"Oh no! Don't put me down for cardio!" Katy says. Then I bursts out into laughter because I realize I just quoted pitch perfect.

"Oh my god. You are so weird." Ava says to me as she puts her face in her hands.

"But you know you love me!" I say as I jump on her and kiss her head continuously. Her face gets red because she's blushing and embarrassed that I'm showering her with kisses in front of people. I love her so freakin much.