Gender

[Ava's POV]

"Alright Ms.Perry so if I understand correctly, you want only your daughter to know?" The doctor asks.

"Yes that's correct." Katy says.

"Alright so...I guess we will just do an ultrasound here and get that gender...now...you're SURE you don't want to know?" He asks again. Katy looks at him without saying anything. He nods and starts the ultrasound.

"Aha here it is!" The doctor points at the screen. Katy closes her eyes and covers ears.

"Oh my god." I say aloud when I see what's on the screen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Katy's POV]

"Alright so...what do you want for dinner Ava?" I ask as we pull into the driveway.

"Nothing. I'm not really hungry.."

"Ava. Please. You didn't eat breakfast or lunch. Please just...just eat ONE thing." I beg her. I grab her hand and squeeze it.

"Can-can I have some...jell-o?" Ava asks sheepishly.

"O-of course you can!" I say, trying to hide the hurt in my voice. I can't believe she thinks she has to ask if she wants a little cup of jell-o. It shouldn't be like this. She shouldn't have to do this. I want her healthy and I want her happy. I love her so much.

"Aves babe. You don't have to ask for jell-o. It's always in the fridge. In fact, there will always be food for you to eat." I say to her.

"I can't eat a lot of it...or...." She stops and looks at her toes.

"What? Or what?" I walk over to her and stroke her short brown hair.

"Or..I-I'll have to throw it up." She says softly.

"Ava. You are beautiful and perfect. You don't need to worry about your image. You are beautiful and I love you. That's all that matters. You are the perfect size, perfect height, perfect shape, perfect everything. Don't worry about what others think baby." I say as I put my arms around her head and back. I pull her in for a long hug and I squeeze her tight. She puts her arms around me and sobs into my chest.

[AFTER DINNER]

[Ava's POV]

"So....will I be pleased?" Katy asks me.

"Pleased with what?" I say.

"The...the gender?" She looks at me.

"Mom. You didn't want to know so I'm not answering any questions." I say as we walk hand in hand to her room.

"W-well what if I change my mind?" She says. I giggle.

"You won't because I won't let you." I say. We climb into the bed and snuggle up close. She just sits there for a while. She starts to tear up.

"Katy? What's wrong?" I say. I lay my hand on her arm and she grabs it.

"I have to talk to...to...Cameron. He's going to want to know that it's official. That I'm really pregnant." She wipes her eyes and starts to caress my back.

"You don't have to talk to him. He left. He has no right to see these babies and...." I pause. I cover my mouth and Katy looks at me wide eyed.

"What did you just say?" She asks softly.