Chapter 4

I couldn't believe my ears. Katy Perry. MY REAL MOTHER WAS KATY PERRY! Suddenly the heart monitor stopped beeping and just went into one long low note.

"Mom! MOM NO! MOM PLEASE COME BACK COME BACK NO PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME! MOM COME BACK! PLEASE MOM!" I screamed and shouted the doctors and nurses came in to wheel her body away. Katy had to hold me back from jumping on the bed with her. I turned and buried my head in Katy's chest while tears streamed down my cheeks. Katy stroked my hair with her soft hands.

"Shhhhh baby....shhhhhhhh" she cooed as I just sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. She kissed the top of my head. Wes came and kissed my forehead and told me he would see me tommorow. He was going to leave me and Katy alone. I kissed him as he walked out of the door and then ran back to Katy and once again buried my head in her shirt. She lifted me up on her lap. I'm 13 and I'm small for my age because I'm anorexic. Wes is 14 but he's pretty tall. She led me outside to her car and helped me into the front seat. All I wanted to do was hug her and hide in her warm arms forever. She got in the drivers seat and grabbed her phone.

"Hey Tamra can you go to Lockhart high school and go to the front office and ask for Ava Prescott's belongings?" She said

"alrighty then! Thanks Tam! See you at my house!" She said as she hung up I laid my head on the window and stared off into the distance. Katy drove for a while. She pulled up to a familiar place I turned to look out the left side window and we had pulled up to my house.

" I'll come in with you and help you get everything you want to take to my house, ok?" She asked. I nodded in approval and got out of the car. I opened the door and it smelled like my mother. Freshly washed sheets and coffee. Tears started forming in my eyes but I held the. Back. I didn't want to bother Katy with tears right now. We walked to my room and I grabbed my suitcase and started to shove things in it. Katy went to my bathroom and grabbed all of my toiletries and put them in my cosmetics bag. I told her to grab my blanket and pillows but she said she already had a room prepared for me. I was shocked but felt happy and special. I told her to grab my teddy bear and the tiny gift that was on my nightstand. When Katy saw it she covered her mouth and stared to sob but quickly stopped. She grabbed the small box and put it in her purse. I knew why she had stared to cry. It was because my real mother....katy.....her.....had given it to my mother and meant for me to open it but I've never had the guts to open it. She grabbed my teddy bear and put it under her arm.

"That's all" I said. She reached over and grabbed my hand. We walked hand in hand back to the car with all of my stuff. When she let go of my hand to help put my suitcase in the truck I felt empty but when she was done and she grabbed it again to lead me over to the passenger side I felt happy and warm again. She opened the door and I sat in the seat. She kissed my forehead and closed the door. I longed for a hug from her but I didn't want to bother her. She got in the drivers side and started the car. It took a while for us to get to her mansion. Only then did I realize, I'm not Ava Rose Prescott anymore. I'm Ava Rose Perry.