Chapter 28

I walked around outside searching for Ava. I looked around and spotted her by a tree. A guy was talking to her and she looked like she was pissed at him. He grabbed her arm and I sprinted over. "LET GO!" She screamed. I grabbed her and yanked her toward me. I wrapped her in my arms and he stared at me. "K-Katy Perry?" He looked at me in disbelief. "Yeah. That's me. What? You a KatyCat? Why we're you trying to take my daughter! Get the hell away from her!" I screamed at him. I saw Ava's eyes widen. I usually try not to swear in front of her. I hugged her tighter. "You're? This is? Wait....you are Katy Perry's daughter? Holy-" "fuck off!" I screamed. Ava's eyes were almost falling out of her head. I used to not care but for the past few years I don't swear in front of her, she is probably really scared and confused. "S-sorry Ms.Perry." He ran off and I released Ava. "Dayuuuuuuuuuuum!" Ava said as she turned around. "You never swear in front of me. It must mean you are starting to actually love and trust me!" She says with sarcasm as she walks back to the tree. She sat down and put her head in her knees and I sat next to her. "Wanna get some Starbucks? Like...NOW?" I asked her. " what about you're fucking meeting!" She muttered. "I think you are more important than the Prismatic World Tour. I will have lots of time to deal with it but I want to spend time with my baby." I say as I lay my head on her shoulder. "R-r-really?" She looks up and so do I. She links arms with me and I kiss her forehead. "I love you Ava." I say. "You know the paps are getting some really good pictures right now. What happened to you 'shielding me from the world'?" I ask. "I don't care anymore. I want everyone to see how much I love you. Especially you." I say as I once again kiss her forehead. "Thanks mommy." She says. I live how she is 15 and she still calls me mommy. And that she is still small enough to cuddle with and to sit on my lap. I love my Ava.

[Ava's POV]
I'm at Starbucks with my mom and the paps are DRIVING US CRAZY! Now that my mom is 'exposing' me to the world they just think they can shove a camera in my face whenever. Like what the fuck? Just because you are fucking paparazzi and you have cameras doesn't mean you can come at m whenever! I suddenly feel my phone buzz. I look at the screen and I'm surprised to see the name. It's someone I haven't talked to in FOREVER! Someone I never forgot about.
Zac Spencer.
My best friend from school before I moved.
Zac: Hey Ava. Haven't talked to you in a really long time. Just thought I'd check on you. You haven't texted me so...I got worried. It's been a LONG time. Maybe we could meet up?
"OHHHH A BOY!" Katy yelled. She's so childish sometimes. She's 31 and she acts like she is 12 sometimes. "Yes a boy. A boy I haven't talked to since before WE met. He was my best friend. Nothing more." I say to her. "Oh we'll what did he say?" She asks me. "Nothing. Just that he hasn't seen me or heard from me so he was worried and that he thinks we should meet up." I say. "OH MY GOD! He totally wants you!" She says. "Tell him he can come over ANYTIME!" She squeals. I text him back and put my phone away. "Mom....before...before I came in..I heard Angela saying she didn't want me to come because I would be a distraction...is that....true? Am I a distraction?" I ask her. "No of course not honey! I told her you were coming no matter what. She loves you so much she just really wants me focused. That's all." She says to me. "Oh...alright." I say.

[Katy's POV]
I carry Ava inside. We went to the park and layer under a tree and she fell asleep in my arms. I carried her all the way home. I put her on my bed and go get some clothes for her. I change her and then I change myself. I brush my teeth and comb my hair and was my face. I look into the mirror and I point out all of my imperfections.
You're bottom teeth aren't straight.
You're skin isn't smooth.
You're not as pretty as some of your friends.
You can do better.
Your hair isn't perfect.
You are a horrible mother.
As I gaze into my own eyes I point out all of these imperfections and I find only one perfect thing I have. Ava.
"Mama? Are you-you ok?" Ava shuffles into the room and jumps up on the counter. She rubs her sleepy eyes and looks at me. I'm in a daze and I'm just staring at myself in the mirror. "Mommy?" She strokes my cheek. "H-huh? W-what? Oh...oh sorry I was just...um...." I can't think of an excuse. I'm still trying to think of one when Ava says, "Mommy. You are beautiful." I look up into her eyes and put my hand on her cheek. "Oh...Ava. I'm...I'm not-" "Yes you are." She says as she takes my hand of her cheek and laces her fingers in between mine. "You are perfect and beautiful and I'm so glad you are my mom." My heart melts. "Ava. I love you baby." I hug her tight and when I let go she just looks into my eyes. "Mommy...can...can I...sleep in here..with you... Just for tonight?" She asks. Her blue eyes sparkle in the light. "Oh baby you can sleep in my bed anytime you want. You can snuggle up close to me anytime! I can sing you a song, tell you a story, just snuggle. Anything. That's what mommy's are for!" I give her hand a little squeeze and lift her off the counter and place her on the ground. She's so small. We climb into bed and she snuggles up close to me. I wrap my arms around her and she wraps hers around my waist. Her head rests right next to mine and I feel her slow breaths on my arm. "I love you." I say as I plant a kiss on her forehead. "I love you to." She says back as she kisses my arm because it's the closest thing to her lips. Her breaths become slow again and I know she is asleep. I feel myself start to drift off and soon my eyes close and I'm deep in dreamland.