Lost

[Ava's POV]

"Aves, where do you want to go next?" Katy asks me. We have been shopping all day because Katy said she wanted to take me on a shopping spree.

"I don't know! We have been EVERYWHERE!" I smile and lay my head on her shoulder.

"Not everywhere!" She kisses the top of my head and strokes my hair. "We can go anywhere you want, love." 

"We haven't been to Gucci yet. But I feel like that's way too expensive." I say to her.

"It's fine! We can go wherever you want!" Katy smiles and I grab her hand.

"I love you mommy." I say. 

"I love you, baby girl." she says back.

[ARRIVED AT GUCCI]

[Katy's POV]

"Katy! Katy! Is it true that you stole Taylor's backup dancer!? Are you trying to start a fight with her?" The paparazzi screams and yells questions as we walk into the store.

"Ava, c'mon babe." I say as I grip her hand firmly and lead her to the entrance of the store.

"Mom they were talking about you and Taylor." Ava looks up at me and her eyes sparkle. 

"Yeah. Yeah I know." I say weakly. As soon as we enter the store I let go of her hand. "Okay don't go too far and make sure we can still see each other so you do not get lost." I cup her cheeks in my hands and kiss her forehead. 

"Thanks mom...but not in public." She pulls away from me and smiles. She wrinkles her nose and at that moment I see our big resemblance. 

[Ava's POV]

I walk off to a different section of the store. A man stands leaned up against the wall. He is reading a newspaper. I just decide to keep my distance, even though he doesn't seem to notice me.

"Ava look at this bag! It's so cute!" Katy comes up to me and shows me the bag. I see the man glance up out of the corner of my eye. 

"Wow its great!" I say as I lead her away from the man and into a different section. "Lets look at these! I like these!" I say, trying to sound interested, not scared.

"Ava I have to pee. Can you wait here?" Katy asks. 

"Uh...yeah sure. Just hurry back." I say. I try to hide the anxiety as I look around. The man is no longer up against the wall, in fact he is nowhere to be found.

"Okay. You just look around a bit." Katy walks off toward the bathroom and I keep moving around the different shelves and racks of things. 

I feel someone watching me. I turn and see the man staring straight at me. I turn away and walk a bit faster, determined to get to the front of the store where more people are. I turn around again and don't see the man. I walk faster. 

I run into someone. "Oh...sorry...I didn't mean to..." I look up at the persons face. Its the man. 

"Hello Ava." He says in a scratchy voice.

And then everything goes dark.