40

January 15th came quickly. Everyone had been informed of Naomi's 19th birthday by Liv and their strict orders on dressing in Y2K esque outfits or else she wouldn't allow them to join in the party.

The guess list was kept to a minimum due to the fear of a fine and not being able to get everyone out in time before security came. Those invited were; Naomi, Liv, Drew, Charlie, Harriet, Tiana, Eliza, Theo, Elliot, Cap, Morgan, Jack, Daniel, Seb and a few people from Naomi's course: Aimee, Ivy and Scarlett.

Liv had turned into a full on events manager, ordering everyone around to make the night perfect for her friend. She considered Naomi her best friend at uni. They were so alike but so different, she truly believed she had met her twin flame.

Naomi wore a white and pink Dior print bikini top, with a white mini skirt, pink af1s and pink bobbles wrapped around her two ponytails. Liv had given her a tiara esque, crown which had the words 'Birthday Girl' written across it.

Eliza opted to go for a juicy couture tracksuit in the colour light blue. Liv went the mean girls route and dressed in a replica of Regina George's 'a little bit dramatic' outfit. Tiana went for the Aaliyah type of style, baggy jeans with a small matching top and small sunglasses.

Naomi had gotten ready earlier than everyone else, as Liv wouldn't let her lift a finger. She found herself walking into the kitchen to take a peek at the decorations before Liv stopped her.

She was in awe, they had created a mini photo booth background in the corner of the room, there were balloons covering the ceiling and the kitchen was dark, with discos lights going, along with sound synced LED lights along the skirting boards. There was a laptop and decks set on the kitchen counter top for Charlie to DJ. She couldn't believe they did this all for her. As she looked at the decorations, she noticed the banner which was meant to be across the wall saying 'Happy fucking 19th birthday Naomi' had fallen down on one side.

As she attempted to put the banner back up straight, she found that she was too short to reach. She kept trying but it was no use. That's when she heard the kitchen door open. She looked over her shoulder to find Theo looking straight back at her. He wore a basketball jersey, with jeans and white air forces, along with a small plaster on his cheek - going for the Nelly look. He looked good, she was surprised he came. She didn't mind since they were in the same friendship group but she'd prefer if he kept his distance.

Theo came because he needed to see Naomi. He needed to see that she was okay. He needed to talk to her. He needed to apologise. He needed her to listen to how sincere he was. As soon as he walked in walked into the kitchen, he didn't expect to find her in there. He didn't expect that his opportunity to talk to her would come so early in the night. He didn't expect that he would have to be sober for it.

"Naomi" he spoke

"Theo, I don't wanna hear it" she stated as she turned away from him. She knew he would want to talk to her. She knew he would want to apologise but she didn't want to forgive him just yet. She couldn't talk to him just yet. Seeing him still hurt. Remembering exactly what he had said to her. Knowing that he actually thought those things, or else why would he have said it.

Theo swallowed at her already pushing him away. He needed to apologise. He was racked with guilt. What he had said was eating him up inside. He watched her struggle with the banner. He couldn't take it anymore, if she wasn't going to listen to him, he could at least do anything to help her.

As Naomi huffed out of frustration with her height and not being able to pin the banner back up, she felt a presence behind her. She knew it was him. She was about to escape him but he pushed himself against her back, and took the banner from her hand.

She was stuck between the wall and his body pressing into hers. She watched as he put the banner in its place with no struggle. She waited. She waited for him to move away from her, for him to leave her, but he didn't. He stood there, her back flush against his front.

His bent down to her ear level. His hand moved her hair out of the way, as she took a sharp breath in. "Naomi, I know you don't want to talk to me, but trust me when i say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you, I'm sorry for ever using that against you, I was pissed off and I know that's no reason for me to say what I said but I can't tell you how sorry I am. I'm sorry I-" He said as goosebumps erupted all over her body.

She couldn't help but shiver at how close he was to her.

"I know you probably want to hit, slap, punch, kick and inflict any type of pain onto me and you should. You really should. I wouldn't stop you because I was a dick and I just need you to talk to me. Please talk to me" he took a breath as he called out for her forgiveness, as he welcomed the warmth of her body against his

"I cant deal with you not talking to me"

She couldn't breathe.

She wanted to turn around and look at him. She wanted to look at him in his eyes as she asked him why. Why couldn't he deal with her not talking to him?

Why did he want to talk to her specifically?

But she couldn't. She couldn't because he was making her feel things. Feel things she couldn't explain and if she turned around...God, if she turned around she-

Just as his voice stated to break its way into her thoughts, continuing his apology, another person made their way into the kitchen.

The two of them quickly broke apart.

Naomi braced herself against her wall, like that was the only thing that would keep her stood up straight and Theo took a large step away from her small frame.

Finally out of his vicinity, Naomi looked up from her shaky hands to find that it had been Elliot who had walked in. She sighed out of relief at his timing. She couldn't bear to hear Theo apologise to her. She just wasn't ready to face him.

Quickly, she walked past the two boys, out of the kitchen and back into her room before either could stop her. She needed to just breathe. She needed to relax. It was her birthday, she was meant to be happy, she said to herself as she blinked the tears away.

"Yo, what was that all about?" Elliot asked looking at Theo and back to the door where Naomi had left moments ago.

"I don't know what you're talking about" Theo shrugged, grabbing a beer from the fridge

"What do you mean? You both looked scared shitless that I walked in" Elliot pointed out as Theo's movements drilled for a split second but not enough for anyone to notice the tense in his hand on the fridge door as he recovered from the intensity of the moment that was interrupted so abruptly

Screwing his eyes shut, so that he could push the evergrowing worries about his entire interaction with Naomi out of his head, whether or not he had pushed her further away or not, Theo blinked as he attempted to act normal to avoid anymore suspicion "You know the kitchen door and how it's so heavy that whenever it opens it scares anyone" he quickly answered

"Okay, whatever you say mate, but remember no arguing with her. It's her birthday. Liv will literally kill you if you ruin it" Elliot stressed

"Yeah, yeah I know" Theo stated as he mimicked a zip locking his mouth and throwing away the key.