41

A few hours later, Flat 156's kitchen was filled with bodies dancing, laughing and having a good time. The air smelt like weed and alcohol. 'Nasty Girl' by Biggie Smalls filled the flat, with Charlie controlling the music.

The girls danced together in a line holding each other's waist as they moved to the rhythm of the song. They were drunk, high. Anything to make the night even better. They were having a good time. The boys had found dance partners in some of Naomi's course mates. Everyone dressed according to the theme. Everyone was happy.

Everyone but one. Theo sat in the corner, watching everyone have fun. He stuck to beer all night. He hadn't left his stool once. He just watched her. He watched her have fun. He watched her smile. He watched her laugh. He watched her dance. He was happy she was having a good time and had no intention of ruining her birthday, even if that did mean sitting in the same room as her whilst Seb gawked at her across the room. Even if it meant not finding out whether she accepted his apology or not. Or even get to finish what he wanted to say. Even if it meant that he sat to the side, not dancing because he didn't trust himself on the dance floor with her, because he would find any chance to whisper another apology in her ear, just to hear her finally accept how much of an idiot he was that night.

Theo's fist clenched at the thought of Seb already knowing he was getting into Naomi's pants tonight. He was annoyed. He didn't understand what she saw in him.

Theo had clearly hit a nerve that night, calling out how she had hesitated to accept the 'S' necklace which was clasped around her neck. He knew she wasn't as happy in whatever her and Seb's situation was as much as Seb was. He couldn't understand why she stayed with him. They didn't even seem compatible in his eyes.

Theo nodded his head along with the music as Charlie mixed into 'In da Club' by 50 Cent. Everyone sang along with the lyrics, pointing at Naomi. She laughed, drinking straight from her Bacardi bottle as the song said. Her hips moved in line with the beat. She was having a great time. Her, Seb, Liv, Eliza and Tiana rapped along with the lyrics.

Naomi smiled at her course mates which she had gotten to know in her lectures. She was happy they were getting along with some of the boys. They were nice girls and she wanted to spend more time with them outside of lectures. They had been out for coffee together to complete assignments but that was about it.

'She wants to Move' by N.E.R.D followed with Seb coming up behind Naomi, his hands on her hips as she danced against his front. Her head fell back onto his shoulder, as he slid his hands up and down her naked torso. They danced to the beat, forgetting everyone else. He sung the lyrics to her as she smiled up at him. They felt like they were the only ones in the room. Someone passed Naomi a spliff and she began to inhale the toxins. She couldn't be happier.

Theo watched the couple. He watched them with distaste. He watched them with anger. He couldn't take his eyes off of them. How they danced together. How Seb sung the lyrics to her. How Naomi smiled at him and only him. That's when it happened. He couldn't believe it. He swore he saw Seb look at him, making dead eye contact, lip syncing the words when the line 'Mister! Look at your girl, she loves it! (Look at her) I can see it in her eyes' came on. Theo blinked several times, rubbing his eyes. No. He must of imagined it. Seb wouldn't of said that, right?

That would mean that Seb thought that he liked Naomi, which wasn't true. He didn't. He just-. He didn't like her, okay. He didn't like Naomi. The beat of the song wasn't helping with the rate Theo's thoughts were rushing through his head. He didn't know what to think. He didn't even know what was going on anymore.

Seb connected his and Naomi's lips, as they danced. He took no time in placing one of his hands over her clothed breast. Naomi moaned into the kiss.

"Hey Naomi I know it's your birthday and all but get a room" Elliot shouted over the music

Naomi disconnected from her kiss and playfully rolled her eyes at her boy best friend. She felt like she hadn't spoken to him in ages. She got out of Seb's grip and made her way over to her friend. She held her hands out, for Elliot to grab. They danced, smiling.

"Happy fucking birthday to my girl bestie" Elliot yelled over the music

Naomi smiled at him. She couldn't believe how happy she was. As the song changed to 'Ride wit U' by Joe, Elliot spun Naomi round so she could dance with her back against his front, their arms still intertwined, crossed over infront of their bodies. Elliot and Naomi began to sing along to the song, swaying along to the beat.

"I hope you're having a good night, I told Theo not to argue with you tonight" Elliot whispered into her ear

Naomi smiled at the kind gesture her friend had made. She was sure he didn't know the full story of her and Theo but she was glad he was looking out for her.

As he mentioned Theo, she realised she hadn't really seen him all night. Yes she was avoiding him since she refused to listen to his apology but she didn't want to shun him from the party. She didn't want to isolate him. She wasn't a bitch. They had the same friends, she wouldn't stop him from hanging out with them because of her.

Glancing round the kitchen, looking at all the dancing bodies, she found Theo on the other side of the room behind the countertop, which was now Charlie's DJ booth, drinking his beer, looking at his phone.

"He's a grumpy one, ain't he?" Elliot joked, causing Naomi to laugh.

Theo heard Naomi's laugh and looked up to see what had caused it. He found her staring at him, whilst dancing with Elliot. He was sure they were talking about him. He watched Elliot whisper into her ear once again, still looking at him making Naomi smile. He looked at them confused as to why he was their topic of conversation. He was sure Naomi hadn't told Elliot what he had said, but that didn't explain why they were talking about him. He needed to know what they were saying.

Just as he was about to text Elliot to tell him to stop chatting shit about him to Naomi, 'Hot in herre' by Nelly came on. Everyone in the room turned to him. He was dressed as Nelly after all. He held his beer up in gratitude for the reference.

Liv ran over to him, pulling him to the dance floor. Theo refused. He didn't want to ruin Naomi's birthday. He didn't want to get up and be in the same vicinity as her. Being in the same room with her was enough. He didn't trust himself.

"Come on Theo, for Naomi. It's her birthday " she shouted over the music, for only him to hear. He glanced back over at Naomi watching him. She hadn't turned away so that was a good sign. He didn't even get to answer Liv before she somehow managed to drag him to the dance floor.

Theo began to rap along with the song, beer still in hand. He watched Elliot and Naomi disconnect from their hold on each other and saw her dancing by herself. She sung along with the lyrics, moving her body along with the beat. He couldn't believe how effortless she looked.

Her friends quickly came to her side, dancing with her. It was truly getting hot in here, Theo thought. He couldn't help but lick his lips at how she knew how to move so sensually. He needed to stop. He needed to calm down. He realised everyone was occupied and he made his way back to his seat.

The party had been going on for a few hours at this point and everyone was still going. No one wanted the night to end. Eliza and Tiana had been over the DJ booth all night, telling Charlie to play 'No Scrubs' by TLC, but Charlie kept saying he'll play it in due time. He kept pushing it back, annoying the girls.