58

Naomi zipped up her suitcase and let out a shaky breath. Term two still had a few weeks left but she just couldn't be there anymore. She just wanted to be at home. She wanted the comfort of her mother's home cooked meals and her sister coming round the house every other day just to see her. She wanted to see Leilani and Mya. She wanted to drink and gossip with them like old times.

She heard a knock at her door. A real one. Not like her dream. The dream she wanted to be reality. No.

"Naomi, I left you some breakfast" Liv announced as she held a plate of food outside her door.

Naomi quickly unlocked the door and was face to face with Liv for the first time in days.

"Hey" Liv said softly

Naomi smiled at Liv. It wasn't too wide as the movement of her cheek and squinting of her eyes would cause her pain. There was a bruise. An obvious black eye left as a reminder of Seb.

"Hey, um I think I'm gonna go home for the rest of the term" Naomi confessed

"Oh okay" Liv swallowed.

She wanted to give Naomi her time to warm back up to her to ask about Theo but now she was leaving she didn't know what to do. She couldn't just jump straight in and ask her cause that would lead to Naomi asking how does she know and possibly shutting her out. She didn't want that. She wanted Naomi to be able to come to whenever she was ready.

"Um but I just want to ask, what do you wanna do next year for living arrangements, cause we kinda need to find a house before all the good ones go..." Liv drawled trying to ease Naomi into thinking about the future, hoping she'd be happy to continue at uni and not drop out due to the whole situation

"Oh shit... yeah I forgot about how early on we need to find a house... I don't really mind to be honest" Naomi spoke

"We were thinking a girls house and then a boys house close by" Liv offered, hoping that it would be easier next year if Naomi didn't want anything to do with Theo and everyone wanted to be friends still.

"Yeah, that's fine. All I really want is a room with a wardrobe big enough for all of my clothes" Naomi joked, hoping to lighten the mood and let Liv know she was getting better, slowly.

"Don't worry about that" Liv smiled, as she pulled Naomi in for a hug goodbye

"I'll see you soon, text me whenever, okay?" Liv whispered into her ear

Naomi broke away from the embrace and nodded, pulling her suitcase and walking out of the front door to catch her train home.