21

Elijah returned to Jenny very quickly and they were on to their next travel destination: Paris. It was a beautiful city and the view from the Eiffel Tower was to die for but it was a very busy city (as she expected) and she didn't quite like that; being used to her small town.

         Being a tourist city, the French locals got a lot of people from everywhere. With her American accent, she might as well blare American Girl by Tom Petty. But she found out that Elijah was fluent in French and with his refined, deep voice it was like music to her ears.

Jenny felt like she liked the city a little more just because she loved listening to Elijah talk. But Elijah spoke in French a lot and she tried to pick up bits and pieces of the language but it clearly wasn't enough.

Elijah planned a whole surprise for her right in front of her practically as she had no idea what he was saying. So she was surprised when Elijah brought her to the top of the Eiffel Tower for a fancy night out.

And no tourists were there. There was only servers, a dinner table, and quite the view.

"Please tell me you didn't buy the Eiffel Tower," Jenny stated as Elijah pulled her seat out for her.

"Well," Elijah hummed as she smoothed out her blue dress before sitting down. "I did buy it for the night."

She shook her head as her heart sped up crazily. She knew it was something he would do. He had plenty of money apparently but whenever he spent it like this it made her feel insecure.

She looked out at the view. The stars were bright and the City of Lights was even brighter. She smiled slightly before looking back at him, but nothing beat how her eyes shined when she looked at him, sighing, "I don't need an Eiffel Tower, you know?"

Although being here was wonderful, she wanted him to understand that she didn't need huge, grand gestures to be happy with him. It was the with him that made her happy. But she assumed huge, grand gestures was something she was going to have to get used to.

"No," he answered as he took his seat across from her; he was looking at her softly. "You deserve much more than that."

______

After having the positively best French food she ever had, she stood against the railing, looking out at the night. Elijah was beside her; she had no idea he was only looking at her.

"You have the world at your fingertips," she spoke her insecurities into the night air. It was hard to believe a man who could have anything he wanted would want her. How he could he want her enough that he'd buy the Eiffel Tower for a night. It didn't seem real. "Sometimes, I wonder why you even want me around."

"All of this means nothing to me. This is all for you," Elijah answered sincerely as she looked at him and he reached up caressing her cheek. "Jenny, you are my world."

He sounded so sure. He had told her a little about his previous lovers and she knew he had many more than she did. He knew his feelings. Whereas she didn't. She only had one person to compare this to and what she felt for Elijah was so much more.

"After Jenna...I've been so unsure of my world and where it's taking me," Jenny confided. "But I hope it's always with you."

He smiled and it reminded her of when he returned from Mystic Falls. He had been stoic before he laid eyes on her and he smiled like he was only himself when he was with her; like simply seeing her was the best thing the world had to offer.

She put her hand over the top of his on her cheek before she leaned up and kissed him as they stood on the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Again, the couple spoke of love without speaking. They were both too scared to say I love you, both for two very different reasons, and waiting might've been their mistake. Love needed to be spoken or else no one might get the chance to. Perhaps that's the tragedy of being too scared to say I love you.

______

The next morning they were eating breakfast at a cafe. Jenny got up to use the restroom while they were waiting for their food.

Elijah waited and Jenny didn't return. He went to check on her but he found little drops of blood leading to the back alley. The trail stopped in the cobblestoned alley.

             "Francis Cartier sends his regards," a voice spoke and the Original recognized the name. One of the many his family terrorized.

             Elijah moved quickly with his vampire speed, holding the man up by his throat. He compelled him. "Tell me where she is."

             "Sorry, don't know," the man smirked. Elijah frowned as he realized he was taking vervain. Elijah let go of him making the man confused before Elijah smiled condescendingly and stuck his hand through the vampire's chest, grabbing his heart, "Let's try that again."

AN: a cliffhanger I know. But Jenny will finally know of the supernatural and of course it's in the most dramatic way.