08

When Jenny arrived home that day, she was greeted with another rose placed on her porch. She studied it curiously as she picked it up, wondering who kept sending them. But she locked the mystery away in her mind for another day.

_______

"You're finally dating him?" Jenna asked ecstatically over the phone.

"It's the first date," Jenny said as she rifled through her closet. "It could turn out completely horrible which it probably will because I have nothing to wear."

"Don't panic," Jenna calmed. "I have something you can wear. I'll come over Friday and be your fairy godmother."

Jenny smiled a bit. Cinderella was their favorite Disney movie. "Thanks, Jenna."

"You're my best friend. We look out for each other," Jenna responded. "Plus, we have to make sure Elijah is completely hooked."

"Well, I think I'm hooked on him."

________

It was finally Friday and Jenny was panicking. She hadn't panicked this much since her SAT's in high school.

"I haven't seen you like this since..." Jenna stated as she handed Jenny the dress she found in the back of her closet.

"SAT's. I know."

"What are you so nervous about?"

"I haven't gone on a date since high school and it's only been with Mason," Jenny bit her lip with a frown. "I wasn't nervous then. But I am now. Elijah makes me feel like...like I'm out of my skin, and I'm the type of person that plans out my day to a T. I mean, that's crazy, right?"

Jenna just smiled and Jenny was clueless as to what it meant, "Oh, Jenny. You already lost the glass slippers, didn't you?"

________

"How do I look?"

Jenna had given her a white lace dress that flowed out to her knees. She had already done her makeup, all light colors except for her lips which were coated in a bright, red lipstick. Her hair was down in its natural wavy curls with the front strands on both sides of her head pinned to the back in a little braid.

"You look hot," Jenna chuckled, "Elijah is going to be starstruck."

"Thanks."

"Okay," Jenna grabbed her purse. "I'm gonna go home. You better give me all the details when you get home. I don't care how late it is."

"I will. I promise."

________

Jenny waited for Elijah until the door bell rang. She happily went to go get it but when she opened it she found someone she wasn't expecting.

"Damon," she sighed, and smiled slightly.

"Wow," Damon analyzed her.

She crossed her arms, "I have a date tonight, Damon. What is it?"

"Look, Jen," Damon swallowed. "I don't say this, ever, but I'm sorry. I kissed you and I shouldn't have."

         "And do you still want to kiss me?"

         "Jen," Damon smirked. "I always want to kiss you."

         "Damon," she gave him a look telling him to be serious.