03

Another school week had passed. Many kids missed one particular day of the week because they volunteered for the Historical Society to help create a public park. There was one event coming up on the weekend that she particularly liked which was the Masquerade Ball. As a teacher, she got people to volunteer to help set up the event by luring them in with no homework over the weekend; many kids volunteered.

Jenny went with Jenna on Saturday to help set up the Masquerade Ball. They both liked this particular event, especially, because it reminded them of their high school days. They were both greeted by the interim Mayor otherwise known as Carol Lockwood.

"It's wonderful to see you two. Still as joined to the hip as ever," Carol greeted with a smile. "Thank you for helping getting volunteers."

"The Masquerade Ball is a favorite of ours," Jenny responded before Jenna backed her up. "It has a certain charm."

"Well, I'm glad to hear it," Carol smiled and her attention was caught by two boys carrying in a table. "Excuse me."

_____________

Jenna and Jenny were setting up tables and decorating them. They were talking while they worked.

"So, I'm actually cooking dinner tonight instead of ordering take out. Alaric is going to be there," Jenna explained. "You should come over, too."

"So I can interrupt your eye sex with Alaric?" Jenny questioned, teasing making Jenna look down in shame. "How are things with you and Alaric?"

"Great. The sex is amazing."

Jenny's eyes widened, "Jenna!"

"What?" Jenna bumped her hip with Jenny's. "We're supposed to share the sexy details."

Jenny laughed before speaking, "Do you think you love him?"

Jenna hesitated before speaking, a smile on her face, "I think I do."

"But, sometimes, I feel like he's keeping something from me. I mean, I know we're still in the early stages of our relationship, but I want him to be honest with me," Jenna continued, sharing her suspicions.

"Well, if he's hiding something, I'm sure he'll come clean with you in time," Jenny advised.

Jenna nodded before she raised an eyebrow, "So how are things with you and Damon?"

"We're not together, Jenna. And we won't be. As much as I like him, I don't think we're right for each other, at least, not where we are in our lives now," Jenny sighed.

"I know I caution you not to be with him all the time, but that's just because I'm looking out for you. If he would make you happier than you are now, than go for it," Jenna smiled, encouragingly. "Even though I'm still deciding whether he's a good person or not, I would tolerate him for you."

"Thanks, Jenna. But Damon and I are not getting together."

Jenna nodded before smiling, "You could be with friends with benefits, though, and you'd have to give me all the smutty details. I bet he's good in bed."

"Jenna!" she reprimanded while Jenna clutched her stomach as she laughed. "That would be highly inappropriate. I'd never do that."

"But you're totally thinking about it," Jenna's laugh turned into a chuckle. "I've never seen you blush this bad."

_____________

Jenny and Jenna had separated to help with different things. Jenny went outside and was grabbing boxes filled with decorations from the back of the big hauling truck. She grabbed three boxes stacked one on top of the other and started to carry on them, at least, attempting to because she couldn't see from the boxes blocking her vision.