01

Arguing was apparently the most common thing in the Original family.

"We can't just not tell Elijah that Jenny is alive, Nik," Rebekah argued with Klaus. "You know how he feels about her."

"Yes, I do," he argued back. "Which is why I know he'd come running right back here and leave my child defenseless. Is that what you want, Rebekah?"

"No," Rebekah crossed her arms and sulked. "But I don't agree with this."

"What's a little more time, sister, when we have forever?" Klaus responded before smirking. "And don't worry, she'll be under my protection."

"Because that makes everything better," she replied before calling Elijah.

_____

Rebekah directed her through the Abattoir to an empty room. "So you'll stay here and try not to leave the place. Elijah will throw a fit if you get so much as a paper cut."

Jenny paused for a moment when they passed his room. All she could remember was when she told him goodbye.

Rebekah stopped when she noticed Jenny wasn't following and she studied the newly alive girl. She looked so...sad. It was so odd to see.

Jenny turned her attention back to Rebekah, "Where is he?"

"Away," Rebekah answered cryptically as they started walking again.

Jenny furrowed her eyebrows, "With Hope?"

It was Rebekah's turn to stop and look at her with wide eyes, "How do you know that?"

"Yes, I'd like to know that as well," Klaus made his presence known. Again.

"How the bloody hell is she alive?" Klaus asked once he saw her beside Rebekah when they arrived.

"She hasn't told me yet," Rebekah answered.

His presence then had been kind of...generous. Like he had been relieved to see her. But now she could sense it was hostile.

"Well, when you're dead, there's not much to do but...watch," she avoided their eyes as she sighed. "I mean, that's what ghosts do. You guys have so much family drama by the way."

"Tell me something I don't know," Rebekah stated. "Wait till you hear the latest drama."

"Even if you did learn it in your time with the dead," Klaus said. "Your knowledge of Hope cannot leave here."

"Come on, Nik, she's practically family," Rebekah urged.

"I understand," Jenny looked at Klaus. "Go on. Compel me."

Rebekah frustratedly sighed as Klaus stepped forward to look Jenny in the eyes. Jenny saw his eyes dilate and she felt hypnotized.

"Your knowledge of my daughter being alive will fade from your memory until I say otherwise," Klaus compelled.

   She repeated his words.

"Well, now our secrets are safe," Rebekah grabbed her arm to pull forward. "So there's no need to worry, Nik."

Klaus let them go and Rebekah showed her to the room she'd be staying in.

_____