02

MONTH THREE

       Jenny was getting better at being brave. She traveled to her dark, dead realm many times. She was able to enter and exit right out of it of her own accord. But, still, the little hairs on her arms always raised and she felt scared.

        But she was no longer paralyzed by fear once she left. She was able to smile once she came back into the world and shake off the feeling of darkness.

               Once she came back into the land of the living, she smiled at her ability to control it so well. She approached Davina who was working through spells and Jenny sighed, "How long have you been at this?"

              Davina frowned and avoided meeting her gaze, "I've done it before."

              Jenny shook her head before wrapping an arm around her shoulders, "Well, then I'm making sure you take a break. Ice cream sounds nice."

          "Ice cream?" Davina asked as Jenny escorted her towards the exit.

         Jenny hummed before she asked, "Didn't your parents ever take you to get ice cream sometimes? My father used to take me all the time when I got off school when I was your age, especially, when it got really hot."

          "Well, my parents wanted to sacrifice me in a Harvest ritual so no," Davina said sadly as they left the cemetery.

          "Then I'll take you whenever you want," Jenny smiled down at her the young girl. "How about that?"

           Davina couldn't help but smile at doing normal, fun things that she never got to do. In all honesty, Jenny had become a bit like a parent to her.

          "I'd...like that."

          _____

         Jenny ran through the streets in the morning. Although, someone started running next to her. Marcel.

          She smiled a bit before she shook her head, "Davina is fine."

        "I ask about her well-being way too much, don't I?" Marcel said.

        "Maybe a little bit," she teased.

       "Hey, you still haven't come to St. Anne's yet," Marcel pointed out.

         Marcel had turned St. Anne's Church into a gym. She hadn't once come to see it yet.

          "I'm not one of your little vampires, Marcel," she clarified.

             "No," Marcel argued. "But you should learn to fight like one especially with all the new witches that have come to town in the past few months looking for you."

        There had been a plethora of witches coming to New Orleans all looking for her, wanting to use her for her power. Some had been dealt with by Davina and her coven but most had been dealt by...Elijah.

       After all this time and without seeing each other in months, he was still protecting her. It had made her chest feel warm and stomach fill with butterflies. She had all these feelings still even with time.